Possible Bowl Games Mega Thread

ADLER

If memory serves CUSA has provided an opponent in the Ft. Worth Bowl several times in the past few years. That would be my first preference, followed by bowl games in Shreveport and Dallas. We didn't travel well to New Orleans last year, and for those pushing for our inclusion into the MWC we probably couldn't fill a stretched limo with our fans traveling to Albuquerque.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, wardly said:

Question: CUSA has 6 bowl partners with a backup position in Shreveport. If we come in 3rd place in CUSA West, does that mean we are 4th in line regarding our choice of bowls? And doe it even matter?

Only conference champion gets 1st dibs. Everyone else comes down to who bowls and ESPN want.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Cerebus said:

I keep telling people EP is a good trip.

• We know the schedule months in advance, buy a cheap ticket early.
  • It a short flight, about 1:15.  
  • Plenty of hotels near the airport, or downtown next to the stadium, etc.
  • El Paso is a very safe city.   I think some people are scared off because it is close to Juarez.
  • Some people are scared of the UTEP fans because a video went viral.  Been to UTEP games many times, never hassled.  I've seen fights in the Fouts and Apogee parking lots, there are jerks and hot heads in every fan base.  
  • The food is incredible.  

Pretty sure this happened at the Sun Bowl, don't think it was a "baseball game".  Count me in.

23 hours ago, LittleMeanGreenMan said:

Pretty sure this happened at the Sun Bowl, don't think it was a "baseball game".  Count me in.

I was sad to see she wasn't at the UTEP game this year... Her services would have taken my stress level down a bit during our display of low energy against UTEP.

There were no people on the rocks, there were barely people in the stands.

• Haha 1

Newest projection I have seen this AM is still in the Dallas Football Classic (original name for the TicketCity, Heart of Dallas, and ServePro Bowl - and since it's hard to keep the name straight with all the corporate sponsors changing, I'm going with that name) against Minnesota.  I still like that game...hope it happens.  Even though it's too close to Christmas for me to attend from LA.

8 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Week 10 according to CFN

image.png

I didn't realize that Big 12 had a tie in to the SERVPRO bowl. Are they the backup if Big Ten can't fill? If so, what are the chances we see Texas Tech with their record? 

To me, that would be an awesome game and both teams would bring a huge crowd. I have been wanting this in the recent bowl years.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:34 AM, ipd054 said:

Put me down for 10-3.  Losses to LaTech UAB and UtSA. Bowl win against a depleted Iowa team.

I honestly am shocked that I have us with more than 8 wins because in my head we will come back down to earth abit this year. But as I run through the games here is how i see it playing out.

We will be 4-0 entering conference play while coming off of a defining win over Arkansas and a closer than expected game against Liberty (we will pull away in the 2nd half) we come out flat against LaTech and lose a close one (we will come back after a flat 1st half and make it a game but come up short).  We will bounce back and thump Utep and win a close one against SoMiss to become bowl eligible. We will be flat again and lose to UAB.  Rice and ODU will be solid wins.  We will  beat FAU as the card house collapses around their new QB.  The hard to swallow loss will be UTSA to end the regular season thus eliminating us from the CUSA championship game by the tie breaker. (LaTech will lose to Marshall big)

We will end up playing Iowa (Northwestern if Iowa falls apart) in the Servpro First Responder Bowl on December 26th in the Cotton Bowl winning the game on the last drive with no time on the clock (the Drive 2.0).

Caveat:  If Fine goes down we will be 6-6 playing in the Bahamas against Miami (no not the U but the one from Ohio) in front of 8,000 fans mostly from the Bahamas.

Heck, you wanna know where we're playing this year for the bowl game?  Just go with what Biff Tannen (oops, I mean ipd054 predicted way back in August in the prediction thread).  He's pretty much followed the Gray's Sports Almanac every game and he's 9-for-9 right now.  So, yeah, go with what he said.  🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1