Do we have Liquid Gold in the QB Talent Pipeline?

Mike Jackson

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You're right.  I would rather have the laundry list of non-D1 talent backing up Fine that we have historically had with this program.

How do you know there's a difference though? 
You hope there is (I do too), but have no idea.   Outside of what we have in Fine & Shanbour (a running QB), we have no Earthly idea what we have at QB.

• Lovely Take 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:07 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

How do you know there's a difference though? 
You hope there is (I do too), but have no idea.   Outside of what we have in Fine & Shanbour (a running QB), we have no Earthly idea what we have at QB.

I really think these guys are better prospects than most of the QB's recruited in the last decade.  They all seem to have played with highschool teams that went deep into the playoffs.  Bean is my pick because he has the best combination raw tools to work with.  If he beefs up the sky is the limit.  Also I think with the apparent lack of talented freshmen and sophomore lineman designed runs for the QB will be needed.  Having a QB that is threat to take to the house 50+ yards if you crash too hard on the running back does wonders.  One of these guys should pan out. 

• Upvote 2

I think if Jason Bean could find 20+ pounds, he would be All CUSA quality. I know it's not appropriate to  criticize anything about Mason Fine and probably rightfully so but Bean is the type of QB who is needed in the absence of a good line. He actually grew on me during the HS playoffs. He equally has a great deep ball and would be a threat to go the distance when the line protection breaks down. Hopefully he will hang around knowing that he will sit again next year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

I'm not so sure a running QB is as needed as a guy who can throw for over 4000yds at a 64% completion percentage and a 21:1 TD:INT ratio.    If we can find a dude that's anywhere near as accurate as Fine, he's going to be more important than a guy with wheels.
Now, if the guy with wheels is accurate...   Then, in this offense, we have a legend on our hands, and that's awesome.

19 hours ago, Cooley said:

I think if Jason Bean could find 20+ pounds, he would be All CUSA quality. I know it's not appropriate to  criticize anything about Mason Fine and probably rightfully so but Bean is the type of QB who is needed in the absence of a good line. He actually grew on me during the HS playoffs. He equally has a great deep ball and would be a threat to go the distance when the line protection breaks down. Hopefully he will hang around knowing that he will sit again next year.  

If Cooley is onboard then I am onboard.

Bean Hype Train is picking up steam.