• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheTastyGreek

Is 41 points in a game Littrell's ceiling here?

Question, no info. 

Looking for at least 9 pages of spirited, intelligent conversation. 

2 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Question, no info. 

Has that ever happened here? Question, no info. 

• Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

5 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Question, no info. 

Intelligent conversation?

And people call ME overly optimistic...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Has that ever happened here? Question, no info. 

The Kiev is Burning thread was good, for a while.

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The Kiev is Burning thread was good, for a while.

"What to do about Figgins?" was historically significant, top shelf baseball analysis. 

Beat rice, just about everyone else has.........  Is not being able to win a game where the conference championship is on the line literrell's ceiling?  

• Upvote 4

Just don't forget how "well" we were just a few years ago .... 

.Brings to mind the Mora comment .. "Playoffs , Payoffs, we are just trying to win a game." .... we didn't win many. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joeseph Whitaker said:

Apparently not, we scored 58 against Incarnate Word. I believe that is higher than 41. 

That's a pretty solid point. Some might say having already scored 58 points in a game invalidates my entire question. 

But, devil's advocate here... DOES it? 

20 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

That's a pretty solid point. Some might say having already scored 58 points in a game invalidates my entire question. 

But, devil's advocate here... DOES it? 

I just wanted to be a smartass. I think we should have scored 70 today.  This team has potential but for some reason I think the coaching staff is holding us back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shuke-D said:

This is the typical small time thinking that is holding back our renovation. Everyone's settling on just having a ceiling. Well, I frickin' expect there to be a dang attic above that ceiling. With an Xbox and dual monitors setup. And a minifridge filled with tendies and Mountain Dew. And if it isn't there, I'm going to raise hell with mother about fixing the problem. Because I have expectations, not hopes. 

#oldhomethinking

#newattic

I'm torn between an overpowering urge to support your call to raise the roof, and my general anxiety that the roof might catch fire. 

I'm not sure which way to go on this one. It's a real stumper, man. Thanks for your contribution! 

1 hour ago, Joeseph Whitaker said:

I just wanted to be a smartass. I think we should have scored 70 today.  This team has potential but for some reason I think the coaching staff is holding us back. 

Maybe what's holding us back is your expectations? Why not score 71? Or... 72??? 

Then again, if we hypothetically go for two to hit 71 points but don't convert and fail to even score 70... Is this even a program worth supporting any more? 

I'm just asking questions here, gang. We'll never reach the mountaintop if we don't stare into the sun a little. 

48 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Maybe what's holding us back is your expectations? Why not score 71? Or... 72??? 

Then again, if we hypothetically go for two to hit 71 points but don't convert and fail to even score 70... Is this even a program worth supporting any more? 

I'm just asking questions here, gang. We'll never reach the mountaintop if we don't stare into the sun a little. 

Need a 3-point, bulleted list of exactly what you must see in order to define 41-point/gm season.  Should be something personal to you.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I'm torn between an overpowering urge to support your call to raise the roof, and my general anxiety that the roof might catch fire. 

I'm not sure which way to go on this one. It's a real stumper, man. Thanks for your contribution! 

the-roof-is-on-fire_o_213146.jpg

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Joeseph Whitaker said:

--- No point in defeating people by a insanely large score.... I would rather play the bench when leading by 28 or so ( very safe lead, less if very late in the game) and get them experience for next year or in case of injuries.... It also helps the morale of bench players. What is the point..... the other team would also notice and not be irate either. 

.I would make an exception for SMU ... run it up..... They deserve it after all the comments etc  they have done through the years about us. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Need a 3-point, bulleted list of exactly what you must see in order to define 41-point/gm season.  Should be something personal to you.

Bonus points if you tie your answer to cherry-picked SEC and Big 12 schools you obviously root for while demanding fealty to this program from coaches.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

Since we are raising the roof, are we adding seats? When these P5 schools start coming in here, their fans are going to need seats.

No they won't! I was at those home games we played at Texas Statium where we were out numbered by Aggies and others. OneBaylorhas done right was build a stadium large enough for allow their fans plus some visitors, but small enough they aren't likely to ever be outnumbered at home.