Rice vs UNT game thread

outoftown

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Um . . . it may be time to accept the fact that we just aren't a very good team this year.  We got really inspired and beat a bunch of bad teams early in the year.  Now we aren't inspired, and we are struggling with even the dregs of division 1.

Man, you took a lot of leaps in logic to come to that conclusion.  The oline has clearly regressed and the play calling has been awful in the second half since we started conference play, but to say that we aren't very good is just baseless.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Man, you took a lot of leaps in logic to come to that conclusion.  The oline has clearly regressed and the play calling has been awful in the second half since we started conference play, but to say that we aren't very good is just baseless.

I'm not saying it's an awful team.  But, when "the oline has clearly regressed," that could possibly result in a team that just isn't very good anymore.

3 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I'm not saying it's an awful team.  But, when "the oline has clearly regressed," that could possibly result in a team that just isn't very good anymore.

The defense is still playing lights out for the most part, especially since they've been playing most of this game.  Hopefully the bye week will help them get the offense back on track, because they need some help.

I wonder how much of that is because NT Plays a QB who is not 100%. I am still coming back to Littrell keeping Fine in on the LaTech game. I doubt Fine has gotten back to 100% and it just means that with the OL being horrible, he can't just evade as much, he cant run as often as he would. It means Ds spend less attention on spying etc. The consequence is more pressure and the OL doesn^t have the quality to handle it.

Still super angry at Littrel doing that in the LaTech game.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1