Big Time visitor for Homecoming - D'Andre Plantin

TheReal_jayD

21 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/DAndre-Plantin-37344/RecruitInterests/

2 year starter at VA Tech. Transferring in December. 

This would be perfect, but have we stopped recruiting Preston Wilson and/or LaDarius Henderson? I’ll settle for any one of these three, but it’d be perfect if we could get this dude and one of Wilson or Henderson.

• Lovely Take 1

43 minutes ago, Marty said:

don't see him on their current roster, what' the story?

https://admin.hokiesports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roanoke.com/hokies/virginia-tech-offensive-lineman-d-andre-plantin-plans-to-transfer/article_8a236020-d625-11e8-b6e7-636c3e69a215.amp.html

Looks like he redshirted in 2015, played sparingly in 2016, then got to start some games last year when the starting left tackle went down. Then this year he was projected to be the starter at Left Guard until Va Tech moved their starting center to left guard and moved another player into the starting center spot. Plantin then played in just a couple games this year and decided to seek a grad transfer.

Looks like he has decided to take the semester to focus on graduating and deciding where he is going to play next year. Again, grad transfer so he will be eligible immediately but will count towards the class so we would need to blueshirt one of the current commits.

• Lovely Take 1

20 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roanoke.com/hokies/virginia-tech-offensive-lineman-d-andre-plantin-plans-to-transfer/article_8a236020-d625-11e8-b6e7-636c3e69a215.amp.html

Looks like he redshirted in 2015, played sparingly in 2016, then got to start some games last year when the starting left tackle went down. Then this year he was projected to be the starter at Left Guard until Va Tech moved their starting center to left guard and moved another player into the starting center spot. Plantin then played in just a couple games this year and decided to seek a grad transfer.

Looks like he has decided to take the semester to focus on graduating and deciding where he is going to play next year. Again, grad transfer so he will be eligible immediately but will count towards the class so we would need to blueshirt one of the current commits.

Idk if I like using a scolly on a one year guy unless he's proven he can play. That being said I won't be upset when we add olineman

On 10/28/2018 at 10:15 AM, BillySee58 said:

This is interesting.   Watching his high school tape he looks more like a guard than a tackle.  He didn't seem to have the quickest feet in pass protection.  

• 2 weeks later...

Added bonus with the Plantin pickup is that he’ll be here for spring ball. I think we should move Woodworth to left tackle, then have a three-man competition for the two tackle spots between Woodworth, Brammer, and Plantin.

If Woodworth is the odd man out then you start him at left guard. If Plantin is the odd man out then you let him compete with Preston (I like his game) for the left guard spot. Then if Brammer is the odd man out then stick with Preston at left guard. The Mose brothers have center and right guard solidified.

That’s a decent group to help maximize Fine’s senior year and keep him upright more than he was this year.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Added bonus with the Plantin pickup is that he’ll be here for spring ball. I think we should move Woodworth to left tackle, then have a three-man competition for the two tackle spots between Woodworth, Brammer, and Plantin.

If Woodworth is the odd man out then you start him at left guard. If Plantin is the odd man out then you let him compete with Preston (I like his game) for the left guard spot. Then if Brammer is the odd man out then stick with Preston at left guard. The Mose brothers have center and right guard solidified.

That’s a decent group to help maximize Fine’s senior year and keep him upright more than he was this year.

I like this, but who takes Mayfield's spot?