App state #25

Sig381

I mean....he does have a point. North Texas gets destroyed last year in the New Orleans Bowl by Troy. Then UAB gets blown out by fricken Coastal Carolina the second game of the season this year. That’s just not good for perception. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

And I am almost certain that the AP poll voters said to each other, "It's so hard to separate the G5 conferences...good thing Troy won that New Orleans bowl to give us a reference point"

Its a reference point alright. They embarred us. The supposed shiny spot in CUSA until our offense ceased to play 4 quarters. So is UTEP (far and away the dead last team in all FBS), Rice, UTSA, WKU, ODU. We got the best great press about being the best team in CUSA and can't beat teams with winning records. We have the same conference record as UTSA. The Sunbelt has a team in the top 25. They would most likely destroy our team. Same with other G5 opponents like UCF or USF. CUSA is more on par with the MAC now. Yes, they do their homework and its not far fetched that many Sunbelt teams would dominate a lot of our conference. CUSA isn't what it was 10 years ago in my opinion. They aren't going to just stick App State at 25 because they like them.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Its a reference point alright. They embarred us. The supposed shiny spot in CUSA until our offense ceased to play 4 quarters. So is UTEP (far and away the dead last team in all FBS), Rice, UTSA, WKU, ODU. We got the best great press about being the best team in CUSA and can't beat teams with winning records. We have the same conference record as UTSA. The Sunbelt has a team in the top 25. They would most likely destroy our team. Same with other G5 opponents like UCF or USF. CUSA is more on par with the MAC now. Yes, they do their homework and its not far fetched that many Sunbelt teams would dominate a lot of our conference. CUSA isn't what it was 10 years ago in my opinion. They aren't going to just stick App State at 25 because they like them.

Reading this made my head hurt.

• Upvote 2