UTSA gladly replaces North Texas on Army’s schedule

Coach Bill Lewis

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

If you're required to check these boxes, shouldn't this board just cease operations? There would be a pretty short list of people left if you need to fall into one of theses categories to speak about and have an opinion about sports. It's just sports, not rocket science or curing cancer.

Don't tell him that. You have to have expertise to have an opinion. Otherwise, you're just a pompous jackass. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

The thinking that Army is relevant with the CFB media is very Old Denton. They don’t register. CBS Sports isn’t a major network-not even big enough to rate with Nielsen. Like us, they’re just another team- if they’re good, they’ll get attention, if not, nobody cares. 

The Army name is meaningless in today’s world of college football. 

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

The thinking that Army is relevant with the CFB media is very Old Denton. They don’t register. CBS Sports isn’t a major network-not even big enough to rate with Nielsen. Like us, they’re just another team- if they’re good, they’ll get attention, if not, nobody cares. 

Well I'd hate to know what that makes North Texas. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

We have generally had a good casual fan and/or opposing fan turnout for service academies.  Plus we get fly-over pageantry. 

Beating Cal > Army, but I would not say Army is irrelevant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

If you're required to check these boxes, shouldn't this board just cease operations? There would be a pretty short list of people left if you need to fall into one of theses categories to speak about and have an opinion about sports. It's just sports, not rocket science or curing cancer.

As a general rule I agree with you. But he's been particularly adamant that he knows best on this issue. Its rinse, repeat over and over. At some point, let it go. You disagree with our AD and coach, fine. Stating your opinion definitively as facts when you have no experience while basically disagreeing and demeaning athletic officials (at every turn on every issue) is old. And you'll notice the previous post he uses to justify this opinion was full of errors. But I get what you're saying.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

As a general rule I agree with you. But he's been particularly adamant that he knows best on this issue. Its rinse, repeat over and over. At some point, let it go. You disagree with our AD and coach, fine. Stating your opinion definitively as facts when you have no experience while basically disagreeing and demeaning athletic officials (at every turn on every issue) is old. And you'll notice the previous post he uses to justify this opinion was full of errors. But I get what you're saying.

Sheesh. Woe is me. Get the phuck over it. 

And I don't disagree with a lot of what this athletic admin is doing. In fact, they've been great. But this particular issue irked me though. And when our mishap favors that juco down i35, I'm going to comment on it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

49 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Who did we replace Army with?

It supposedly opened up future games with UH, but Liberty was the immediate filler. Army was on the schedule this year then they weren't, then a home and home was set up with Liberty for 18 & 19. Then a teaser tweet was sent out and AD commented on a bjg time series being announced and a week or so later a home and home with UH was announced for 19 & 20. So take it for what you will I guess. 

*AND FOR THE RECORD, OUTSIDE OF THIS BLIP, THIS ADMIN HAS DONE A GREAT JOB IN SCHEDULING.* 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Is it wrong of me to wish that Rhyan England were still on the team for that game? 

Yes it is.

Thats like wishing cheap shot after cheap shot on your neighbor’s dog.  Poor dog, leave him alone!

And that dude does not need to come close to a football field ever again.  Can’t imagine what his son would play like in little league with dad coaching.

• Upvote 2