Deep Breath

StealthEagle84

Well said.

I think it's important that supporters of the program as we all are here continue to make sure the members of the program know that our support is not shaken by a mid-season lull.

Maybe I was pessimistic coming into the year, but I would have gladly signed up for 7-2 going into the bye week with an opportunity to finish the year at 10-2.  That outcome is completely within reach and would go down as one of (if not THE) best seasons in program history.

I'm confident the team will rally...let's do our part!

• Lovely Take 4

3 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Now that everyone has had some time to take a deep breath and hopefully relax after Saturday's loss, I hope everyone can put into perspective the state of our football program.  Don't get me wrong, I took the losses to LaTech and UAB just as hard as anyone.  But I'm also a realist.  Furthermore, I truly appreciate that the this fan base is genuinely upset that we are not going to win our division this season and have a shot at the conference title.  With that being said, what a time it is to be a part of the Mean Green Nation.  In just three seasons, Coach Littrell has taken a one win team, won 9 games last season and is on pace to meet or exceed that total again this year.  We beat SMU and Arkansas by a combined 50 points, have set record crowds at home this year (twice), and have the #1 recruiting class in the conference.  Yes, those losses hurt.  But think how far we've come in such a short time.  We made a great hire in Seth Littrell and we all know he's probably off to bigger and better things in the near future.  But we can't make it as a continual winner until we hire the first one.  We've done that.  Let's relish a little in our new found success but not settle.  And by reading this board, we won't settle.  GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Yes, but here is the fundamental difference between now and several years ago.  

When/if Littrell leaves, he will leave behind a roster that is ready to compete.  He is recruiting at a higher level than his predecessors, so he will leave a better situation for his successor.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Yes, but here is the fundamental difference between now and several years ago.  

When/if Littrell leaves, he will leave behind a roster that is ready to compete.  He is recruiting at a higher level than his predecessors, so he will leave a better situation for his successor.

@emmitt01, this kind of my point. We've hired the first one. Now, when a new coach is looking for a head coaching job, UNT has become a desirable destination. They will be coming into a situation where they can sustain or enhance rather than rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the post @StealthEagle84. Glad to see that, while you're not ok with losing, you can still find joy out of a possible 11-2 season. Lol. I mean seriously, can we as a fan base stop to smell the roses for a second. We're light years ahead of where we were in Littrell's first season. I don't think anyone is content with not going to the Conference championship. I for one am just enjoying how much we have improved and how much higher the ceiling is now. I don't think Wren Baker or Samtresk are ever going to be ok with losing, so the programs future is in good hands. 

Edited by meangreen2016
  • Upvote 3

Coach Littrell has clearly stated his goal is to win championships, plural. We on a trajectory to do just that. I think fans can be a little misguided in terms of how simple they think winning your conference can be. It's difficult. When you play the same teams year in and year out, rivalries grow between coaches. They begin to understand the others tendencies. I'm not making excuses, just stating facts. My personal belief is that Coach Littrell has the grit and determination to see it through that we win a conference championship. We are light years ahead of where we were three short years ago. Building a program, especially one like ours that has never been a consistent winner, takes time. But to hear some on this board, it's as though we should be undefeated and in the top 25 right now. But the fact that that was close to becoming a reality proves how far we've come under this regime. 

Edited by StealthEagle84
  • Upvote 3