Don’t You Dare Feel Sorry For Rice!

FirefightnRick

5 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Do a Bama.  Come out and score 35 in the first half, take a big lead into half. End with 48 - 53 and get to 7-2. This sounds weird to think though because it feels like forever since we scored over 25 in a game (not including the last minute touchdown against southern miss). 

Okay change, just Win by 1 or more please!

GMG

So we tried 10pt leads at the half, me thinks we need a good 30+ pt lead at the half to make sure we can close the game out once GH goes Ultra-Conservative

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I love Quinn and think he is kind of person that you are proud is an alumn.  However, IF we do build a big lead, giving him more than one series is crazy.

We need to know if any of the young QBs are going to be able to take the helm after Fine graduates.  Throw them some playing time to see how they make in game decisions.  

Just now, Cerebus said:

I love Quinn and think he is kind of person that you are proud is an alumn.  However, IF we do build a big lead, giving him more than one series is crazy.

We need to know if any of the young QBs are going to be able to take the helm after Fine graduates.  Throw them some playing time to see how they make in game decisions.  

We have another year of Fine.   Not in such a rush to find Mason's replacement yet.   

And if Martin or Bean is his replacement, they may not look as sharp as Pearson does now, but could leapfrog him next year after another year of offseason practice/prep.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Remember in ‘08 when we were 0-3 and had been outscored 142 to 35 going into our game against their best team they had fielded in years?  

9752BF12-CF46-4137-84F6-2C59B8919247.png.d4be8d2017fe0a41f965509b612513d2.png

Those snotty bastards didn’t think twice about running up 77 points on an inexperienced coach drowning in scandal and embarrassing losses and a defense that resembled a sieve.

Now the table has turned.  What goes around comes around.

It’s Time, MEAN GREEN!

KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE GAS.....AND BEAT THEIR ASS!!!

giphy.gif

Rick

Wait...like fake beat their ass?

Point stands. We need to pop half a hundred just because.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We have another year of Fine.   Not in such a rush to find Mason's replacement yet.   

We're not going to replace Fine.  Just like we never replaced Booger.  Once a generation talents.

However, we need to find who can run the offense in an effective manner.  That QB might not even be on the roster now, lets find out if there is a chance he is.  

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I truly believe our 2008 1-win team would’ve murdered our 2015 1-win team. Our 2008 team could score some points, just couldn’t stop anyone. 

That 2015 bunch with those QBs and that offensive mentality wouldn’t have put up much of a fight.

I think my mind just imploded with this thought exercise of futility.  Both teams were so monumentally awful in their own regard.  

I think you have to discount  the Portland St. game from the 2015 team though.  I still believe that was intentional player mutiny. 

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

I think my mind just imploded with this thought exercise of futility.  Both teams were so monumentally awful in their own regard.  

I think you have to discount  the Portland St. game from the 2015 team though.  I still believe that was intentional player mutiny. 

Absolutely.

But that team was still very, very awful.   

I honestly think the mal-coached Dodge team might eek out a win against the stage-5-cancer-ridden-lockerroom McCarney/Chico team.

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We're not going to replace Fine.  Just like we never replaced Booger.  Once a generation talents.

However, we need to find who can run the offense in an effective manner.  That QB might not even be on the roster now, lets find out if there is a chance he is.  

I think Fine is great. But like the Dana Holgerson, Leach, any coach at Tech, etc. it's kind of a proven system thing. The passing game will see productivity due to the system. Maybe not MF type, but productivity. I also think once this staff realizes the simple analytics in CUSA, they will get pass happy and we might have matched passing productivity. 

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Absolutely.

But that team was still very, very awful.   

I honestly think the mal-coached Dodge team might eek out a win against the stage-5-cancer-ridden-lockerroom McCarney/Chico team.

By property of transition, the 2015 DID get a conference win over a full member FBS team in UTSA. 

2008 team eked out a last second win against then transitional Western Kentucky. 

Then again, the UTSA win was under Chico, so we're definitely putting Mac on the sidelines?  Hmm...How much vodka are we talking here? 

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

By property of transition, the 2015 DID get a conference win over a full member FBS team in UTSA. 

2008 team eked out a last second win against then transitional Western Kentucky. 

Then again, the UTSA win was under Chico, so we're definitely putting Mac on the sidelines?  Hmm...How much vodka are we talking here? 

A full bottle of Grey Goose VS Todd Dodge with 2 extra timeouts.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I still remember 2013 when we spoiled Rice's night on Halloween. Man the stand was so fun to watch! That game was probably one of my favorites.

It just sucked those bastard yard birds in San Antonio gave Rice life at the end of the season again to go off to the championship.. 

Take care of business in New Orleans a few weeks prior, and we don't have that problem.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cerebus said:

They are recognizing the Rice game as Senior Day (rather than doing it on the Thursday FAU game).  My bet is that if we get into garbage time, Littrell will let the outgoing seniors that don’t get much playing time see the field as much as possible.  

• Upvote 1