Rice game news

97and03

Before I go any further, I was sorting through their roster to see who this Green kid is and found this gem 

This is not Green but a lineman for Rice

Jack Greene

So Wiley Green is a True Freshman from Prestonwood Christian in Plano. His stat line from his limited performance from last week was..

1-6 (16.7%) for 8 yards and 2 INT

Edited by Withers940
  • Haha 2

Both the Portland St. and Rice debacles were created by very bad teams and off-field issues. 

Rice beat a team torn apart by an inept coach and AD and their surprise leaked drug test.   Portland State played a team with McCarney either already or about to get fired and a team in total disarray.  

Rice as noted could have scored many more than they did.   Portland St. was just having a very unexpected good time playing against a team that would not have beat a good high school team that day.  

Rice played several QBs last week and they will do that same this week.  Green will get the start, but they'll play anyone except the seniors.  Anyone.

The Roost: BREAKING - Owls to start Wiley Green vs North Texas

That makes Green, the former scout team quarterback, the next man up for the Owls against North Texas. After him, the depth chart gets murky. Jackson Tyner is one of the few men standing at the position which has prompted the coaching staff to dig deeper for possible solutions. In addition to Tyner, wide receiver Austin Trammell and running back Juma Otaviano will take reps at quarterback this week.

Rice will play its third different starting quarterback in three weeks against North Texas. 

22 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Before I go any further, I was sorting through their roster to see who this Green kid is and found this gem 

Jack Greene

So Wiley Green is a True Freshman from Prestonwood Christian in Plano. His stat line from his limited performance from last week was..

1-6 (16.7%) for 8 yards and 2 INT

14 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Wiley-Green-87680/

I think he's just about old enough to get his driver's license.

image.png.4d01cff3cfa760bedd0d3cfb5074d81b.png

So... he’s a chameleon?