Perspective

TexHammer1983

I know similar threads have been posted lately, but two days ago, I came across an old Facebook status of mine that helped put things in perspective for me. First off, let me say that I am disappointed in our 2 losses. Both games were very winnable and we let big leads slip away in both. It's very frustrating as a fan. No denying that.

However, my Facebook post from 2016 was a grateful post for UNT being 4-3 on the season after having gone 1-11 the previous year. I was so happy with being 4-3. Now, two years later, I felt (and think we all feel) so disappointed at being 6-2 after eight games. In two short years, we have had that much of a shift in mentality. That says an awful lot about this program. I've never been more proud to be a UNT fan and alum. 

Yes, it sucks that we will not play for the conference championship. It sucks that we likely won't get a great bowl match-up. But this program is still absolutely headed in the right direction. And with a great signing class for next season, I don't think there is any reason not to be excited and proud to be part of the Mean Green family. 

Just thought I would share that. Seeing that old Facebook post in my memories was the kick in the tail I needed for a little perspective on my expectations. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1