Record Thus Far

sgt206

4 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

I've been suffering through bad football since I walked onto the campus in 1989.  Even with two losses this year I CAN'T WAIT for Saturday!  For those who have forgotten, and by the looks of some of the comments, there's more than a few of you, here's our record thus far for the last ten years:

2017  5-3

2016  4-4

2015  1-7

2014  2-6

2013  5-3

2012  3-5

2011  3-5

2010  2-6

2009  2-6

2008  0-8

I'm a little disappointed in some of the "fans", especially the one who said he's turning to basketball now.  I'm old enough to remember how everyone got excited for the "#Hit6" campaign.  Ha ha, that sounds ridiculous now.  There's so much to say but I'll leave it for y'all.....  Go Mean Green!

Yep. It's easy to get greedy. A lot of the depression obviously comes from the fact that we needed a UCF type performance to get on the national map. We'll be alright, and an 11-2 record is still a real possibility.

• Upvote 1

damnit....have a ray...

so true...we've lived through so much shit, shitty records, shitty defense, shitty offense, shitty coaching....we finally have a crew that is great and has far exceeded our expectations...damn folks...north texas is 6-2! last time that happened??  ya, they probably won't win the conference...get over it...we have exciting football and a winning team for a change.  hell, we actually expect our team to win every damn game...when is that last time that happened???

enjoy the ride...damn

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NT93 said:

It's never happened since I've been a fan.  NEVER.  Not once in my 25+ years.

me neither, thus my question...holy shit we are lucky to have this team for the long time fans...enjoy the ride

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

I understand the excitement. I'll be there too. 

BUT, with expectations like that we are closer to 4-8 than 12-0 as a fan base. Demand perfection and accept greatness. Rather than demand not being in the Dodge era and accept anything else as long as its not the Dodge era. But I'm excited too and a 10 win season is a feather in this staffs cap. I think 10 wins is the ultimate goal now. There are only a couple handful of teams a year that get to 10. There are about 35 bowl 'champions'. Granted I'll take both and given the opponent I'll demand both. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

My basketball comment was a bit of a post-game overreaction. I am excited for the basketball team this year, though. I still can’t get behind the “look how far we’ve come, just be happy we are winning games now” mentality.  

First off, there was no reason we should have ever been that bad. It solely due to bad hires from the past administration and losing despite so many advantages. I don’t think having expectations and having higher aspirations is a bad thing for our fan base. You can be disappointed in losing to two conference opponents you beat last year with essentially the same team with another year of experience. That doesn’t mean this season isn’t a success in its own way, but we are playing for a lot less than we could have been. 

I always think of how the Houston AD said that going 8-5 here may be cause for a coach’s termination. He didn’t follow through with that last season, but that’s the type of mentality winning programs like UofH have. The fact is we aren’t playing Alabama and Georgia every week. In fact, our schedule these days is the easiest it has probably ever been. We are playing schools with way more obstacles to climb than we do. There’s no more excuses, winning should be expected. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I understand the excitement. I'll be there too. 

BUT, with expectations like that we are closer to 4-8 than 12-0 as a fan base. Demand perfection and accept greatness. Rather than demand not being in the Dodge era and accept anything else as long as its not the Dodge era. But I'm excited too and a 10 win season is a feather in this staffs cap. I think 10 wins is the ultimate goal now. There are only a couple handful of teams a year that get to 10. There are about 35 bowl 'champions'. Granted I'll take both and given the opponent I'll demand both. 

I demand that NT never lose another game.  

• Haha 2