Four Games Left in the Regular Season

UNTLifer

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think, now that the expectations have been lifted, and some serious cupcakes are left in front of them, the team returns to early-season form.   4-0 is my prediction.

I agree with the exception of UTSA.  That is always a tough one to predict.

Just now, Harry said:

I agree with the exception of UTSA.  That is always a tough one to predict.

UTSA will already be eliminated from bowl eligibility by then (find me 2 wins from the following: @UAB, FIU, @Marshall).  The game will not mean much to them.
They'll come out fired up because it's UNT, but when we punch them in the mouth early (which we definitely haven't had problems doing, even in the LATech & UAB losses), they'll fold.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

UTSA will already be eliminated from bowl eligibility by then (find me 2 wins from the following: @UAB, FIU, @Marshall).  The game will not mean much to them.
They'll come out fired up because it's UNT, but when we punch them in the mouth early (which we definitely haven't had problems doing, even in the LATech & UAB losses), they'll fold.

I dont know man, I feel like they are going to be seeking redemption from last years hear breaking loss. I can totally see your way though. Shut up all those white trash hill billies from UTSA and send em to their sheds early

• Upvote 1

I think we whip Rice this weekend.  But if both UAB and LaTech win again, we're going to see at least one more loss before the season closes out.  It's inevitable that this team has a letdown game at some point if and when the division is lost.

Looking ahead, Nov 24 is setup to be a really interesting day if UAB slips up once before then.  They finish against MTSU, who is one game back in the east and tied with Marshall.  FIU is in first place in the east and has Marshall that day.  There is potentially going to be a divisional crown on the line for MTSU, so they are going to give it their best shot.  

The big problem is where the other loss from UAB comes from.  Maybe they have the same kind of game we had against UTEP this weekend only Chico and crew come through with the win this time?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I dont know man, I feel like they are going to be seeking redemption from last years hear breaking loss. I can totally see your way though. Shut up all those white trash hill billies from UTSA and send em to their sheds early

If they happen to dig out 2 of those 3 and have 5 wins coming into our game, we're going to have a serious challenge on our hands.

• Upvote 1