So, we are bowl eligible...

UNTexas

5 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

No chance at the conference but memories are born. We beat several bad teams in a row and made highlight reels with Peter Pan. It was fun. 2 losses come after blowing leads with totally pathetic offense and crap special teams. 

Damn I am upset...

Playing in CUSA West is really helpful for Bowl eligibility when you get UTEP, Rice, and UTSA to add to your easy wins over FCS  spare and Liberty. You only have to beat a couple of other teams on your level, which we have easily done.

Well, all of the pressure is off now about winning the CUSA West.  Will be interesting to see how this team plays through its last 4 games knowing they are bowl eligible and the West is lost (especially the 2 CUSA East games).

I imagine they'll probably be up for Rice on Homecoming, and then we'll see after that.

• Upvote 1

Although we are out of the conference race, we could realistically get to 10 (on-field) wins for only the second time in our 100+ year history.

We could potentially get to 11 wins with a bowl win and that would be a program first. 

Although we are disappointed, any of us would’ve been over the moon for a 6-2 record just a few years ago.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

We are an average team in a below average conference.  Maybe we do what good teams do and turn down a crappy bowl offer. If the bowl cant cover the expenses for the team to be there stay home.  Maybe we go to the Frisco bowl.  I am not sure we could beat any opponet in any bowl game.  We have beat the bad teams and lost to the good teams in our conference.  Maybe we get better next year.  Until we get a Oline that can block we will face the big blitzes every game. 

We peaked early and have been fading away since.  To bad the defense has been playing so well and our offense is meh.

30K  next week attendance!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

We are an average team in a below average conference.  Maybe we do what good teams do and turn down a crappy bowl offer. If the bowl cant cover the expenses for the team to be there stay home.  Maybe we go to the Frisco bowl.  I am not sure we could beat any opponet in any bowl game.  We have beat the bad teams and lost to the good teams in our conference.  Maybe we get better next year.  Until we get a Oline that can block we will face the big blitzes every game. 

We peaked early and have been fading away since.  To bad the defense has been playing so well and our offense is meh.

We are not even close to an average team. Average O-line, but this team has the potential for really good!  I see the HOD bowl in our future...which is okay, too. Losing sucks, but this team is still 6-2.  There’s still a crap ton of football left to play. GMG!