Quick Thoughts

RBP79

1. SL ain't going no where

2. GH has along way to go....should he be a OC yet at our expense?

3. Mason Fine might break al UNT records if he survives.

4. OL.......what can you say

5. Pressure is off now for any conference titles.

6. Probably invited to a mediocre bowl.....at this juncture.

Oh well....WTF

• Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Don't be so sure of that.   There is a really good chance that we win out.  You  can't tell me that 10-2, plus a possible bowl victory is not going to raise eyebrows.     

Yes, it is disappointing that we have lost 2 big conference games in a tough way.   But we are still on track for one of the best seasons in school history and things are tracking upward (i.e. recruiting).

This coaching staff has turned things around and quickly.   IMO, they deserve our support, even after tough losses like this.   This  team needs more talent and overall depth, especially at RB and OL.   Right now Mason is having to carry the offense.   Our running game scares nobody.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

2. GH has along way to go....should he be a OC yet at our expense?

3. Mason Fine might break al UNT records if he survives.

4. OL.......what can you say

5. Pressure is off now for any conference titles.

6. Probably invited to a mediocre bowl.....at this juncture.

Oh well....WTF

Yeah...I’m not sure I’m yet a believer in GH.  Just not sold on what I’ve seen, especially in the 2nd half of our losses. Who’s in charge of adjustments?

Johnson and Adaway will be great additions next year at RB.

Have to find replacements for our OT's and their current backups need to add weight. What has happened to Preston?  He was almost slotted to start and has disappeared. Is he injured?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, akriesman said:

Don't be so sure of that.   There is a really good chance that we win out.  You  can't tell me that 10-2, plus a possible bowl victory is not going to raise eyebrows.     

A P5 fan base isn’t going to get excited about a 10-2 season. Especially with high profile losses to Bill Clark and Lane Kiffin, why do we keep putting SL in front of these coaches? He’s not going anywhere 

If you want to walk away as a fan that’s your business, but I’m here for the long game. I do like the fact that expectations for this program are higher than ever. No more “let’s just hope for a bowl game” crap. We want championships and wins at the highest level. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1