We’re The Santa Clause Of College Football: Gifts For Everyone!

FirefightnRick

It feels like our Southland Years in the 80s when we had some fantastic marquee wins but couldn’t bear NLU or McNeese to win the league- 2 emotional wins in smu and Arkansas and two gut punches - the two most important games in conference.  Weird year!!!!!!

only salvage now is a bowl win. 

Beat rice! 

Celebrate mason getting the all time yards!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NM Green said:

It feels like our Southland Years in the 80s when we had some fantastic marquee wins but couldn’t bear NLU or McNeese to win the league- 2 emotional wins in smu and Arkansas and two gut punches - the two most important games in conference.  Weird year!!!!!!

only salvage now is a bowl win. 

Beat rice! 

Celebrate mason getting the all time yards!

GMG

Also like our Big West days, where we would beat Tech and give the Aggies a game, then just look as flat as possible against Big West Teams...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

I just threw up a little. I never want to be tech

Yea, I hear you, but we put up gawdy passing numbers and lose the important games in conference by close margins.

Flip side is, they are pretty consistent at winning and always slay some decently large opponents.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

We might be the Texas Tech of CUSA. I think I am okay with that?

We are, so far, exactly the Texas Tech of CUSA. Our game plan is a perfect fit for what TX HS football rolls out there these days.

But, in the end, we don’t beat teams with physical defenses that can stop our offense. So that’s not the worst thing—it brings in fans—but you’ll never win a conference championship with it. See Mike Leach for further proof at Tech and at Washington state.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

16 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

We are, so far, exactly the Texas Tech of CUSA. Our game plan is a perfect fit for what TX HS football rolls out there these days.

But, in the end, we don’t beat teams with physical defenses that can stop our offense. So that’s not the worst thing—it brings in fans—but you’ll never win a conference championship with it. See Mike Leach for further proof at Tech and at Washington state.

Won't bring that many fans in DFW area.  This a front runner fandom community.  No college or pro team in this area get consistent support unless they are winning big.   Here that means Conference Championships or regularly knocking off nationally well known programs and finishing seasons with 9+ wins.

• Upvote 1