***OFFICIAL UNT vs. UAB GAME THREAD***

Harry

UAB scrapped, taped and glued a  program back together.  We needed a miracle to beat them at home last year.  Upstart (r)FAU, UTSA, and FIU kick our ass.  Losing series history with all of them.  Makes it hard to sell the program to the Denton community.  Hell Liberty might be able to kick our ass in 2 years.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Incredibly good news for us.

Remember this staff is doing what they are doing with bottom of CUSA recruiting classes.  Get them a couple of #1 classes and they can do more.

Meh. With this play calling and finnesse type of play we could have those classes and would still get punched in the mouth by physical teams. Recruiting is imperative, but so is philosophy. We teeter to and away from ours every game. When we go full out air raid we look great....when we try and get cute we get shut down. Until that bs stops it will be a lot of the same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

Right

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Meh. With this play calling and finnesse type of play we could have those classes and would still get punched in the mouth by physical teams. Recruiting is imperative, but so is philosophy. We teeter to and away from ours every game. When we go full out air raid we look great....when we try and get cute we get shut down. Until that bs stops it will be a lot of the same. 

Right, getting the personnel never helps anything.

2 minutes ago, Wookies said:

It's amazing how small the difference is between winning and losing. If our starting OT's were just slightly better we'd likely be undefeated.

The play calling was predicated and predictable. Some of those pressures go on play calling. The safery, which was the game changer (and the 4th and 2 bs call) falls squarely on this cross eyed offensive staff. 

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, Wookies said:

It's amazing how small the difference is between winning and losing. If our starting OT's were just slightly better we'd likely be undefeated.

We have to address this position to be competitive in this conference.  We created a monster in UAB now as they will be able to recruit better high school players.

31 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Not the last series, but the second half was all Graham.  We destroyed them the first half with the passing game and then tried to run more in the second half. Fucked everything up. 

Understand your logic. But does that mean GH is responsible for all successes we have also had?  I just find it strange when people want to blame the coach for everything that goes wrong but then talk about how great the players are when something goes well

Edited by El Paso Eagle

3 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

This one and the LA Tech game. He’s not going anywhere nor is Harrell.

We hit the upright on a FG attempt that would have won the game then we got the next one blocked (again that would have won the game). Tonight we fumbled on the 4-yd line when we were driving for the go-ahead score.  We've had some bad breaks this year.  We had all the breaks last year.  I don't know about everyone else, but I penciled us in at 6-2 at this point of the season.  A different path to 6-2 for sure,  but 6-2 none the less.  Think about that.  We're angry to be 6-2 after 8 games.  This is a different generation.  Could we be 8-0?.  Yes, but absolutely everything would have had to bounce our way.  Sometimes it doesn't   Let's regroup and win the rest.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This staff is working on their 4th recruiting class. Spare me your nonsense. 

And the first three didn't rank highly, if they can land who they will have committed right now, it'll be head and shoulders above the others.

If that's nonsense, bring the nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Wookies said:

This pretty much sums it up. It is difficult to go undefeated.

Some perspective: I will take the 2 losses this season to any season I have ever watched as a UNT fan. All I ask is that our team is competitive in its losses. If we lose (and every team does), I want it to be by a possession with chances to win. It's frustrating, yes, but so much better than getting our heads beat in. We have the players, we need some more of them.

It is still a good year to be a Mean Green fan.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Some perspective: I will take the 2 losses this season to any season I have ever watched as a UNT fan. All I ask is that our team is competitive in its losses. If we lose (and every team does), I want it to be by a possession with chances to win. It's frustrating, yes, but so much better than getting our heads beat in. We have the players, we need some more of them.

I agree completely. I'm not complaining, just offering my opinion. I've seen some really shitty football in my days as a Mean Green fan and I try to remember where we've come from.

26 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He gets antsy with the refs alllll at the wrong time. We do not need to run the ball anymore. Quit trying. It has now cost this team 2 games. Throw the damn ball 60 creative times a game. Tired of the bullshit paddy cake run attempts for good measure. Quit it. 

Well...we still have Littrell for a year or 2 more. Yay us. Don't let fat ass Jimmy Sexton baby this university for 3 or 400k more this off-season. Call that inevitable bs bluff tonight. 

no, false, cost us this game. If we ran with Easley when he was avg 10 yards a carry we would have won that game. Mason's come from behind of last year isn't holding up this year.

13 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

If we can put together a program that wins 8 plus games almost every ,I for one would be very happy 

• Upvote 1