***OFFICIAL UNT vs. UAB GAME THREAD***

Harry

25 minutes ago, American_Patriot said:

UAB will loose to UTEP... and Southern Miss. LA TECH will loose to FAU and Southern Miss. Mean Green has to win out... not over yet... but CUSA in my opinion is underrated... that was some good football today. 

Good God, it is lose not loose. This drives me crazy. It is simple English. 

@NorthTexasWeLove you are just a breath of stale air along with the others that give up during the game and then claim they are done supporting the program because we are 6-2!  What were your predictions for our record prior to this year?  We can still finish the regular season at 10-2 and I don't recall any predictions of a 10-2 record. 

Sure, this is disappointing. UAB has a good defense but their offense is fair and I stand by my belief they are overrated. We gave this game away just as we did against La Tech and that is the tough part. 

This program is light years ahead of where it was when this staff arrived and is still headed in the right direction. Again, I am disappointed but some of you need a dose of perspective. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 4

31 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This staff is working on their 4th recruiting class. Spare me your nonsense. 

I know what you’re saying, but if you take a step back and look at it, this 4th class of verbals is significantly different (in a good way) from anything we’ve ever had. They still need to sign, but it gives me a ton of hope for our future.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

The inevitable and very, very predictable, "If you would have told me after 8 games we would be 6-2 before the season started I would've taken it..." I see that's already being thrown around. So UNT of us to use. Curb stomped fan syndrome at its finest. 

Why is GH still employed. He is costing Littrell millions of future dollars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

We lost a game so you won’t follow us anymore? 

10 plus years of losing and not winning big games.  I know many have gone longer.  Congrats.  I'm spending my Saturdays else where.  Funny thing is I was ready to buy club seats before the la tech game. 

It is one thing to lose to a better team.  It is another to get out coached on several occasions. This team,  players, coaches,  whoever can't win big games.  Disagree if you want,  but look at the record in games where a lot is on the line.  

• Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I know what you’re saying, but if you take a step back and look at it, this 4th class of verbals is significantly different (in a good way) from anything we’ve ever had. They still need to sign, but it gives me a ton of hope for our future.

Jimmys and joes are important. But physicality out performs finesse 9/10. We are not physical at the point of attack, offensively or defensively. Therefore, quit trying to force the run game. Throw that bitch 55-60 times a game. Fine is efficient. High completion %. Productive yardage. It works, wr ramp up the score. Then we get laxed and start forcing the run. The la tech game and this one are almost mirror image of one another. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, mgfan said:

10 plus years of losing and not winning big games.  I know many have gone longer.  Congrats.  I'm spending my Saturdays else where.  Funny thing is I was ready to buy club seats before the la tech game. 

It is one thing to lose to a better team.  It is another to get out coached on several occasions. This team,  players, coaches,  whoever can't win big games.  Disagree if you want,  but look at the record in games where a lot is on the line.  

🌞 pumpers man. Many of the same were defending McCarney and especially RV until the tooth and nail bitter end. Comes as no surprise. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Bye and don't forget to change your screen name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

9 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Fair enough.

just seems like a weird time and reason to abandon the program but everyone has their point that sends them over the edge.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

We have to address this position to be competitive in this conference.  We created a monster in UAB now as they will be able to recruit better high school players.

This all day which is why it is very disappointing when we lose to upstart and rebooting to FBS programs.  Skill positions are solid but we might need to look for some Juco and transfer lineman.  Our line can't get pushed around like this next year and compete to get into the CUSA Championship game.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Bye and don't forget to change your screen name. 

Not changing my screen name and I'll still follow the team. I'm just not spending 5 plus hours of Saturday and hard earned money to watch the game at Apogee.  Win a big game or conference championship then maybe. Same story of under performing for ten years doesn't cut it for me.  

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

This all day which is why it is very disappointing we lose to upstart and rebooting to FBS programs.  Skill positions are solid but we might need to look for some Juco and transfer lineman.  Our line can't get pushed around like this next year and compete to get into the CUSA Championship game.

We had some OL mishaps tonight. But that was to be expected given the opposition. 

MF still went 75% 340 and 3 td. Yet...we went 23 carries at 2.8 ypc. A waste of at least 10-12 passing opportunities. This team has proven to be an ineffective run team outside FCS transition Liberty. If Fine would've had those 10 to 12 attempts sprinkled in throughout...and his numbers hold pat...we win. Quit the bs running. 

12 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Not changing my screen name and I'll still follow the team. I'm just not spending 5 plus hours of Saturday and hard earned money to watch the game at Apogee.  Win a big game or conference championship then maybe. Same story of under performing for ten years doesn't cut it for me.  

Such a crybaby

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, brownisgreen said:

Such a crybaby

Nope, call me a casual fan now.  Convince me to come to apogee.  That's who the team and AD need to convince to come to games on a regular basis and losing games doesn't do it.  The hard core fans are easy to get to go to the games.  Gott when the big games and we don't.  Prove to me I'm wrong.  Don't say Arkansas,  they are terrible. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mgfan said:

Nope, call me a casual fan now.  Convince me to come to apogee.  That's who the team and AD need to convince to come to games on a regular basis and losing games doesn't do it.  The hard core fans are easy to get to go to the games.  Gott when the big games and we don't.  Prove to me I'm wrong.  Don't say Arkansas,  they are terrible. 

Your screen name is literally "mgfan" and you are crying that our 6-2 team lost to a 6-1 team. You're saying that you aren't going to go to anymore games even though we've gone to 3 bowl games in a row...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Understand your logic. But does that mean GH is responsible for all successes we have also had?  I just find it strange when people want to blame the coach for everything that goes wrong but then talk about how great the players are when something goes well

He was absolutely responsible for the success in the first half. Which is what makes the second half worse then the first half was good. It's one thing to not be able to find something that works against a defense, but to not stay with something that is working?  I like Graham, but tonight pissed me off. 

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Good God, it is lose not loose. This drives me crazy. It is simple English. 

@NorthTexasWeLove you are just a breath of stale air along with the others that give up during the game and then claim they are done supporting the program because we are 6-2!  What were your predictions for our record prior to this year?  We can still finish the regular season at 10-2 and I don't recall any predictions of a 10-2 record. 

Sure, this is disappointing. UAB has a good defense but their offense is fair and I stand by my belief they are overrated. We gave this game away just as we did against La Tech and that is the tough part. 

This program is light years ahead of where it was when this staff arrived and is still headed in the right direction. Again, I am disappointed but some of you need a dose of perspective. 

Prespective? We lost to 2 very beatable teams. I don't care about what was. I care about what is. And my predictions are arbitrary to the performance and status of this team.

Play calling has been suspect even in wins...in losses the poor play calling is only highlighted. I can't and will not ever have a defeatist personality. Just not in my fabric. So forgive me if I can't just overlook these pitiful blunders. 

4 hours ago, mgfan said:

Was Seth all over the refs?  Or did he just stand there with his arms crossed like he always does?  

Yeah, because arguing about something he may or may not have seen and getting ejected would definitely help the team.  It was obvious on tv but it might not have been obvious at field level.  I can't believe the refs missed that call though. CUSA officiating screwed both the Blazers and us this game.  I'm pretty sure CUSA officiating don't know what offensive holding is either.