TV

Ibleedgreen

8 minutes ago, Ibleedgreen said:

I am personally very disappointed in the TV package this year. We have UVerse, and I’ve been unable to watch any of the games....and the internet won’t stop spooling. 😡

Sling tv free 7 day free trial then cancel it 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 1

Pro tip: if you use Gmail for your email, you can create multiple email addresses based off of your existing one and all mail sent to it will still go to your regular inbox.

Example: your normal address is gmg@gmail.com. You can tell Sling/Fubo your address is gmg+sling@gmail.com, and you'll still get the emails sent to it (important since a lot require you to verify the address). Need another address for a new trial? Maybe use gmg+fubo@gmail.com next. Just add a "+whatever_here" before the @.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

CUSA tv deal is garbage. Doodoo garbage to be more accurate.

Agree.  I counted 7 AAC games either televised on “big boy” TV and/or ESPN3 today.  I’ll get downvoted on this, but I’d rather 2-3 of our games televised on ESPN on a Thursday night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Agree.  I counted 7 AAC games either televised on “big boy” TV and/or ESPN3 today.  I’ll get downvoted on this, but I’d rather 2-3 of our games televised on ESPN on a Thursday night.

I agree. I have not seen a CUSA game on tv all year outside of them playing a 'P5' team. It's ridiculous. I mean we're already playing a Thursday game and it's not even on prime time tv. It's on some bs stsdium/bein/CBS sports Busch league network. If we're gonna do the Thursday game, do it conference wide and get us on major networks. I honestly feel like the sunbelt gets more exposure than CUSA and it's not even close. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

If I had to pick between watching us on espnu where they don't even talk about us or Bein sports where we actually have a pregame, halftime, and postgame show I will pick bein.

And you are watching tonight’s game on Bein Sports?  Didn’t think so.  And BTW, I’ve viewed some pretty good ads for SBC teams that are playing as well as promos for the Sun Belt Conference.  

I cant even get Bein on Direct TV.

• Downvote 2

BEIN is a major sports station. Huge international soccer station. They are in a price war with DirecTV, thus why they have  been dropped from their lineup. 

That happened on Aprox Sep 1st. Long after the new deal was signed. 

If I remember right most people on here were very happy that our games were going to be on BEIN before the season started, because they actually treat our game like it’s a real game, unlike espn

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

If I had to pick between watching us on espnu where they don't even talk about us or Bein sports where we actually have a pregame, halftime, and postgame show I will pick bein.

Anytime I have to jump through loopholes in 2018 to watch a major D1 FBS team play on Saturday's it tells me all I need. Or have to register for subsrictions to cancel a day later, tells me all I need to know. I don't care for a Busch leauge pre game intro of a bunch of suburban dads I've never heard of practically read a google search of our team and opposition, I don't care for that. If I'm jumping through these loopholes as a big fan, I know The average fan is not. And I definitely know the average cfb fan is not. I would hate to see our tv ratings...or streaming ratings. 

But to each its own I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Yeah, watching the game on a real channel w/o having to stream espn3 that periodically drops out is is way better.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

And you are watching tonight’s game on Bein Sports?  Didn’t think so.  And BTW, I’ve viewed some pretty good ads for SBC teams that are playing as well as promos for the Sun Belt Conference.  

I cant even get Bein on Direct TV.

Yes I am and the 30 minute pregame show at 6. I don't have direct TV so I still get bein sports. 

• Upvote 2

Complaints need to be directed toward TV and internet providers. I've watched every game in HD without hassle. 

How am I watching these sunbelt games this week? I'm not seeing them on my guide.

Look at the future AAC games. They are all tbd times. People were complaining about a 1pm start time last week. How bad would attendance be if we did not know kickoff times until week of?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

11 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Complaints need to be directed toward TV and internet providers. I've watched every game in HD without hassle. 

How am I watching these sunbelt games this week? I'm not seeing them on my guide.

Look at the future AAC games. They are all tbd times. People were complaining about a 1pm start time last week. How bad would attendance be if we did not know kickoff times until week of?

This! I would rather be able to attend games on a Saturday at 6 then play on a Thursday night at 8 every week...

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ibleedgreen said:

Bein is not on Direct TV or Uverse. That eliminates a lot of us who want to watch the game.

And...I don’t want to subscribe to a service and then have to remember to cancel it or get billed.

I have U-Verse and have done the FuboTV trial twice now. It isn't that hard to remember to cancel. 

• Upvote 1

Why aren't people calling their providers and saying I need UNT sports so I need bein sports?

If you don't have a Nielsen box what you watch doesn't matter. If you don't have a social media footprint what you say doesn't matter. If you don't tell your multimedia providers what you want then what you want doesn't matter.

Demand what you want or take what you get.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm switching from twc/spectrum to at&t and asked about bein during the process.  The guy said they got rid of that channel recently, but didn't say why.  I'm guessing since they just got rid of it that they won't bring it back anytime soon.  Luckily I don't change until this coming Friday and the last bein game is today.  Next year will suck if we still have this tv deal.