Does anyone know with all the rain, was the team able to get in practices all week outside?

trud1966

3 hours ago, trud1966 said:

Just curious...

I'd say without a doubt they practiced on the turf at a minimum. Coaches don't care. Players hope for walk throughs and film. It ends in misery when its like this outside. Plus films and walk throughs. The people I feel the worst for are the equipment managers with weather like this.

46 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

They could also get injured walking out the front door. They should probably just stay in their dorm rooms until the coaches pick them up on game day.

Thank you for your insightful post. Practices are designed to spare teams of dumb injuries. Let's use your model and let us go back to the old days, go full pads, full speed all week, and no water because water is for the weak. The true key to winning is beat up tough guys with grit. Smash mouth 1950s football. We should also bring back flat tops and action pose individual photos.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Thank you for your insightful post. Practices are designed to spare teams of dumb injuries. Let's use your model and let us go back to the old days, go full pads, full speed all week, and no water because water is for the weak. The true key to winning is beat up tough guys with grit. Smash mouth 1950s football. We should also bring back flat tops and action pose individual photos.

I'm a survivor.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

5 minutes of up-downs between quarters or JJ is fired!

• Upvote 1

I just checked the Birmingham forecast and radar. It looks like the last of the rain is passing through or has just passed by. That leaves four or five hours for the field to drain and surface to dry a little. SWAG, field conditions better than last week's game.

4 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I see what you’re saying, but I don’t think a practice or two in a little rain is going to drastically increase their risk of injury.

A little rain? The most rain in the history of October in Denton in October. Pretty brisk out there too. Ok. Great idea. We should really reconsider spending millions of dollars on an indoor practice facility with your logic. Since the mere drizzle and cool winds of this week are so harmless then we would be really stupid building an indoor facility. So is every high school, college, and NFL team that practices indoors. You won me over. 

• Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

A little rain? The most rain in the history of October in Denton in October. Pretty brisk out there too. Ok. Great idea. We should really reconsider spending millions of dollars on an indoor practice facility with your logic. Since the mere drizzle and cool winds of this week are so harmless then we would be really stupid building an indoor facility. So is every high school, college, and NFL team that practices indoors. You won me over. 

You're both right.

It's very wet
Players can handle it
We still need an IPF

...are you drinking?

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

Chill out. Many of us on here are older and played in all conditions. I love playing and practicing in the rain and cooler weather. They will be fine and it could be beneficial since we will play in the conditions. 

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Chill out. Many of us on here are older and played in all conditions. I love playing and practicing in the rain and cooler weather. They will be fine and it could be beneficial since we will play in the conditions. 

Totally chill here hoss. Smart ass, yes. Young, not so much. In my 4 years playing at UNT I never met a player or coach that loved or even enjoyed practicing in rain and cold. Cooler and dry, greatness. And yes, even in my tenure they slowed things down in the cold and rain to avoid injuries at practice. I'm being a smart ass because there are so many fans that think they are knowledgeable because they played JV somewhere and watched Friday Night Lights. There are reasons everyone is spending money on things like indoor facilities. Its about reps and learning. Not true grit. These guys are tough or they wouldn't be out there.

Without being a smart ass getting acclimated is fine like when Idaho came here in 13 and fell apart in that heat and we thrived. But wet, cold, and miserable for a week turns your learning curve off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1