DRC Friday Q&A with Evan Dudley of the Alabama Media Group

Brett Vito

This might be the toughest game all season to predict as both teams are fighting for a division title. If the Blazers are close near the end, or even have the lead, I wouldn’t bet against Clark and this team considering everything they’ve experienced and learned during the course of the last two years.

Image result for step brothers soooo Gif

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

Offensively speaking, almost all of the receivers in rotation and four of the five starting linemen are transfers along with Erdely, who began his career at Middle Tennessee before a brief stint at Mississippi Gulf Coast CC. The entire starting defensive unit are transfers with a few exceptions

Wow...

3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Is it weird to anyone else how quickly they decided to totally abandon football, and then bring it back?  Were there no rational/level heads in the room when they were discussing dropping football?  Or did they need to bury something and start fresh?  Question/no info.

My recollection is that UAB is sort of like UT-El Paso or UT San Antonio in that their marching orders came from the Board of Regents at Alabama Tuscaloosa which is the state flagship.   The flagship board of regents didn't want any competition from the Crimson Tide so they sort of did a midnight coup and tried to shut the program down forever citing budgetary considerations and lack of interest.  They almost got away with it but there was enough backlash that they decided to bring in a consultant and reconsider.  In the end, it was determined that they needed to bring it back.  The best comparison I would give would be UTA, when they were forced by UT to shut down their football program back in 1985.  Key difference was UTA couldn't save theirs.  

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Offensively speaking, almost all of the receivers in rotation and four of the five starting linemen are transfers along with Erdely, who began his career at Middle Tennessee before a brief stint at Mississippi Gulf Coast CC. The entire starting defensive unit are transfers with a few exceptions

UAB Rent-a-Team

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Is it weird to anyone else how quickly they decided to totally abandon football, and then bring it back?  Were there no rational/level heads in the room when they were discussing dropping football?  Or did they need to bury something and start fresh?  Question/no info.

They did not decide to drop football, the Board of the University of Alabama decided it for them

Edited by 97and03
  • Lovely Take 1

30 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This dude said absolutely nothing during that entire article.   He spent a little time regurgitating stats, otherwise, there was little-to-no pertinent info whatsoever.
1.  How has Bill Clark rebuilt the program?
Well, instead of talking about Bill Clark, like you asked me to, let me tell you all about the community & donors & facilities & strength&conditioning & ....    
source.gif

2.  What is the strength of the defense?
Well, the strength is really in 2 areas:  the secondary AND the front 7.    
giphy.gif

3.  What makes Erdely effective?
Finally!!   An answer worth reading!
iwnaot.gif

4. Tell me about the transfers.
Well, we have 65 of them, but I can't tell you anything special about any of them outside of Erdley.
giphy.gif

5. Who is going to win?
giphy.gif

This is pure Gold expressed through the Theatre of GIF's

• Thanks 1