Offense hasn’t been that different

meangreanmick

People, including SL, keep saying our offense has been off last 3 games.  I would respectfully submit to you that our offense hasn’t been appreciably different in last 3 games, but our perspective has changed with ending point totals.

Something that gets overlooked in the excitement of those big wins early, the “team” scored more points via special teams and defensive TDs, but the offense did not.

Vs SMU 46 points (14 off int return for TD and kickoff returned for TD):  net 32 points

VS IWU 58 points ( all offense but 2 picks led to short fields), FCs team

VS ARk 40 points (14 points off punt return for TD and INt return for TD):  net 30 points.

Vs Liberty 47 ( all offensive points), but we had several short TD droves due to weather, turnover on downs and the most horrific punting I have ever seen.

Since then it’s been 29, 27, and 30.  La Tech didn’t make mistakes, and so our scoring drives were 60,70,80+ yards.

Offense has scored between 27-32 points in 5 of our 7 games. That’a a narrow, consistent range over most of our games.  If we want more than 30, that has normally requires ST or DEF.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

Totally agree. I was thinking about this after seeing the comments by Littrell and fine being frustrated. Offense has been playing about how they started the season (points wise). Only thing I would say that is different is the amount of yards Fine has passed for and Easly being out with an injury. Maybe the pressure Fine has been getting by defenses has been their issue? 

• Upvote 1