BEIN on DISH

Hunter Green

20 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I did the free 7 day trial through FUBO TV and then canceled it last time. Im going to do the same this time around with a different email

FUBO TV

Good idea.  Do they provide the ability to go back and watch the game?  I have a work commitment at game time.

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Good idea.  Do they provide the ability to go back and watch the game?  I have a work commitment at game time.

To be completely honest, Im not too sure if you can but I would imagine so......If I recall correctly, You had the option to "Watch" and "Record" whatever you wanted to watch. Please dont hate me if Im wrong

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

To be completely honest, Im not too sure if you can but I would imagine so......If I recall correctly, You had the option to "Watch" and "Record" whatever you wanted to watch. Please dont hate me if Im wrong

Thanks.  Actually, I remember having the option to record the previous game on this crappy network.  Hope we are done BeIn after this year. Time for the CUSA office to step up and get a better media deal.  I would actually prefer Facebook over all the other options.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

CUSA's media deal is just bad. I realize its not SBC or MAC bad, where you play your most meaningful games on mid-weeknights during conference play on some ESPN network, but ours sucks, too.

I am not sure its fixable at this point, since there is a finite amount of TV money to go round and the ESPN/CBS/FOX networks will only pay so much for G5 leagues, but this doesn't help our conference in any way. This is the biggest difference, IMO, between the AAC and MWC, and the lower G5s.

• Lovely Take 1

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks.  Actually, I remember having the option to record the previous game on this crappy network.  Hope we are done BeIn after this year. Time for the CUSA office to step up and get a better media deal.  I would actually prefer Facebook over all the other options.

This is not as much C-USA'a fault as it is BeIn..  BeIn showed DirectTV as a partner and then reneged on the deal

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

CUSA's media deal is just bad. I realize its not SBC or MAC bad, where you play your most meaningful games on mid-weeknights during conference play on some ESPN network, but ours sucks, too.

I am not sure its fixable at this point, since there is a finite amount of TV money to go round and the ESPN/CBS/FOX networks will only pay so much for G5 leagues, but this doesn't help our conference in any way. This is the biggest difference, IMO, between the AAC and MWC, and the lower G5s.

I know the MWC conference traded cash and exposure to avoid midweek games, but I was sure exactly how that worked out. From. Their own website, the MWS has four games on tv on Saturday. They have one game on CBS sports network, one on ESPNU, one on Spectrum Hawaii Sports and one on ATT sports network. I'll leave it to others to decide if that's really better or not. The AAC coverage is much better for national exposure. 

As to getting BeIn, we bought a new 4K tv at Best Buy in July and it came with a 30 day Sling subscription. We didn't start it till NT's first BeIn game. 

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Speaking of Sling, anybody on here that uses that service care to provide a review?  I am considering cutting the cord, but have been hesitant.  

Sling is good from a cord cutting perspective. They have an awesome channel selection and quality is good. I don't think they have any channels with 5.1 if you are into that though.

One thing I will note about them is that to get a good selection of channels that rivals cable/satellite, you end up racking up a bunch of add-ons. By the time you get to a good package, you are pretty close to a cable/satellite subscription. That is the one thing that has kept me away.

One of the main goals of cord cutting is price. The only other advantage is watching anywhere you have Internet.

53 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Sling is good from a cord cutting perspective. They have an awesome channel selection and quality is good. I don't think they have any channels with 5.1 if you are into that though.

One thing I will note about them is that to get a good selection of channels that rivals cable/satellite, you end up racking up a bunch of add-ons. By the time you get to a good package, you are pretty close to a cable/satellite subscription. That is the one thing that has kept me away.

One of the main goals of cord cutting is price. The only other advantage is watching anywhere you have Internet.

Question do you have to elect the BeIn as an add on or is it a standard on say the orange or blue package?  Asking for a friend!

I bought sling and a vpn to watch in Asia and it’s a Lifesaver!  Love watching college game day replays of games sec network espn 3 - so much cheaper than trying to find a bar in Asia that shows all night college football.  However if ever in shanghai the camel sports bar is outstanding!  Expats every league flows in starting at midnight for the big ten games and I am watching BYU and the pac 12 while having brunch then hotel to sleep. It’s perfect for the solo guy working In Asia during football season.

its actually pretty fun when you get the Wolverine club buckeye club and Sparty under one roof with a huge Manchester United fan club on the other side of the bar. 

Sorry, oh yeah sling is awesome!

GMG

• Lovely Take 1

last year everyone was over the moon for BEIN.  They did a true pre game, halftime, and post game show on our game (not like ESPN, that just uses those outlets to hype their other games).  Remember last year when Donovan McNabb did one of our games and was pretty darn good at it.

This year, they happened to get into a peeing contest with Direct TV and is not being offered on their network.  That is not CUSA's fault and before that all thought it was good being on BEIN vs ESPN 3 or others.

That being said, im pretty tied to Direct TV so i am not happy about it, but im not going to fault CUSA over it.

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Speaking of Sling, anybody on here that uses that service care to provide a review?  I am considering cutting the cord, but have been hesitant.  

I have been using Sling for most of the past two years. It was good to me for a while, but now I am about to move on (to be exact, I will move on after next week). Sling is good if all you need is basic tv, don't want to overpay and don't watch three things at a time (I am however that kind of person, particularly on Saturdays). There are two packages, neither of them is great in terms of news but both give you some of the basics for a fair price, plus a semi-decent amount of entertainment channels if that is what you are into. However you want sports, you either get ESPN on the orange package, or fox sports on the blue, if you want both, you are quickly at 60-65$ again. I got orange. On the orange package you get ESPN, ESPN2 ESPN3 (but not ESPN+). The ABC games you can usually get via ESPN3. For 5$ extra you get beIN and several other sports channels (like NHL network, ESPNU etc). Once I do not need BeIN anymore, I will move on. The package also does pretty good during march madness. I will move on from sling next week, since I am already did a test run sharing direct tv (purely streaming it  and/or via roku) with two friends. When dividng costs like that, streaming that way gave me more freedom at -in the end- lower prices.

However you may want to try Sling for a month or two, and even I might be back for a month if something comes up that is hard to get for me otherwise. The risk is minimal, as Sling is really easy with cancellations and changing of the package in my experience. The risk on direct TV or other traditional providers is so much higher, as they are a reaaaal pain to get out of contracts (I shudder how much time it cost me to get out of my TW contracts, as they force you to call them for that and then give you an awful runaround that should absolutely be illegal).

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Question do you have to elect the BeIn as an add on or is it a standard on say the orange or blue package?  Asking for a friend!

BeIN is part of the $5 Sports extra. That is independent of the Orange and Blue packages, which contain ESPN and Fox Sports respectively (the combo package that has both is $40).

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Harry,

Yeah, you have to pay an additional 5 dollars on top of the Orange package to get Bein. I am subscribed to Sling and I had to get that add on for bein, so what would have been 40 dollars a month is now 45.  You get Stadium channels, NFL Redzone, and a couple other sports channels, including Bein.

Edited by GreenTexan13

4 hours ago, outoftown said:

I have been using Sling for most of the past two years. It was good to me for a while, but now I am about to move on (to be exact, I will move on after next week). Sling is good if all you need is basic tv, don't want to overpay and don't watch three things at a time (I am however that kind of person, particularly on Saturdays). There are two packages, neither of them is great in terms of news but both give you some of the basics for a fair price, plus a semi-decent amount of entertainment channels if that is what you are into. However you want sports, you either get ESPN on the orange package, or fox sports on the blue, if you want both, you are quickly at 60-65$ again. I got orange. On the orange package you get ESPN, ESPN2 ESPN3 (but not ESPN+). The ABC games you can usually get via ESPN3. For 5$ extra you get beIN and several other sports channels (like NHL network, ESPNU etc). Once I do not need BeIN anymore, I will move on. The package also does pretty good during march madness. I will move on from sling next week, since I am already did a test run sharing direct tv (purely streaming it  and/or via roku) with two friends. When dividng costs like that, streaming that way gave me more freedom at -in the end- lower prices.

However you may want to try Sling for a month or two, and even I might be back for a month if something comes up that is hard to get for me otherwise. The risk is minimal, as Sling is really easy with cancellations and changing of the package in my experience. The risk on direct TV or other traditional providers is so much higher, as they are a reaaaal pain to get out of contracts (I shudder how much time it cost me to get out of my TW contracts, as they force you to call them for that and then give you an awful runaround that should absolutely be illegal).

Thanks

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

I thought BeIN did a good job last year?  What happened to them? 

I don't think BeIN is that bad. Their pre-game and halftime shows are pretty good. The announcers they have are good and the camera work is professional versus ESPN3. I know this is because they use the school's AV crew for ESPN3, but it is an upgrade.

1 hour ago, buff64 said:

Is beIN carried on Spectrum ?

I don't have Spectrum, but they are on there.