UAB fan talk

GreenTexan13

48 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

They lost to Coastal Carolina by more than 3 Touchdowns.....

What happened their 2nd game of the season isn't all that pertinent to what we'll be facing on Saturday.  How the two teams have been performing in their most recent games is a better indication of what to expect.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

2 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

They hang their hat on beating LaTech in Ruston. Beat these guys and we can finally put that loss to rest...

and it was obviously a big win, because without it, they are not in the drivers seat to win the west...

that being said, im not sure how much stock to put into it.  if you look at how both us and la tech played that week, i think its safe to say, that game took something out of both of the teams.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

and it was obviously a big win, because without it, they are not in the drivers seat to win the west...

that being said, im not sure how much stock to put into it.  if you look at how both us and la tech played that week, i think its safe to say, that game took something out of both of the teams.

Had we played UAB instead of UTEP the next week....good chance we would've lost too.

• Upvote 2

I appreciate their passion but they are being misled by their hype and rankings.

They have faced one of the weakest schedules there is and a 95th average offense.  

BTW...did you know SMU is in second place in the American West?

With all that said, sure we could end up blowing it in Birmingham like we did against La tech.  Anything is possible.  I just think for them it’s more stat than anything else.  If they beat us I hope they earn it and we don’t just hand it to them.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I appreciate their passion but they are being misled by their hype and rankings.

They have faced one of the weakest schedules there is and a 95th average offense.  

BTW...did you know SMU is in second place in the American West?

With all that said, sure we could end up blowing it in Birmingham like we did against La tech.  Anything is possible.  I just think for them it’s more stat than anything else.  If they beat us I hope they earn it and we don’t just hand it to them.

Rick

We've also faced one of the weakest schedules in the country. And just because SMU is tied for 2nd at 1-1 doesn't mean they're any less awful. UTSA is absolute garbage and they're tied for 2nd in the C-USA West right now. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, Salsa_Verde said:

I’m thankful for the formating on this forum. Every time someone gives a link to another fan site it always looks like a chat room from the late 90s 

What's crazy about this is that there are some really good forum products off the shelf. I am by no means taking anything away from our crew at GMG, just that I think our alumni may have a little more aptitude at technical items.

I mean we are a Tier 1 research university.... just sayin'. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We've also faced one of the weakest schedules in the country. And just because SMU is tied for 2nd at 1-1 doesn't mean they're any less awful. UTSA is absolute garbage and they're tied for 2nd in the C-USA West right now. 

Sure...but nothing even close to as weak as theirs.

Their best non conference wins are against the second worse FCS team in the nation in Savanah St...and a late one score win over Tulane...both in Birmingham.

Not even in the same universe as our wins over SMU and Arkansas in Fayetteville.

Rick

• Lovely Take 2
  • Ray 1

43 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Sure...but nothing even close to as weak as theirs.

Their best non conference wins are against the second worse FCS team in the nation in Savanah St...and a late one score win over Tulane...both in Birmingham.

Not even in the same universe as our wins over SMU and Arkansas in Fayetteville.

Rick

I saw one list that had their SOS ranking at 122 and ours at...109.

I was really surprised. Is my perception of our opponents skewed?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

6 hours ago, BigWillie said:

What's crazy about this is that there are some really good forum products off the shelf. I am by no means taking anything away from our crew at GMG, just that I think our alumni may have a little more aptitude at technical items.

I mean we are a Tier 1 research university.... just sayin'. 

I'd hate to interrupt with facts, but UAB is also T1 and is ranked higher in several metrics. So yeah. Let's just stick with making fun of them because they're in Alabama

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1