The North Texas Daily recommends Beto O’Rourke for the U.S. Senate

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.  Very embarrassing indeed.

And does this shock anyone at all (besides Mr. Gilbert, I suppose)?

he doesn't seem to realize papers often (always?) endorse candidates in elections. 

(man, I really hope this delicate flower posts here) 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, GreenGuy123 said:

Is Grant Gilbert someone of relevance? 

I’m definitely not relevant. Y’all are super excited about my little comment. I talked to Wren. I didn’t realize the paper was completely independent of the school. I deleted the comments because I got a little over excited about nothing. UNT still gets my money. Everybody can go back to complaining about uniforms and when we’re going to lose Seth to a P5 school. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, Grant.UNT said:

I’m definitely not relevant. Y’all are super excited about my little comment. I talked to Wren. I didn’t realize the paper was completely independent of the school. I deleted the comments because I got a little over excited about nothing. UNT still gets my money. Everybody can go back to complaining about uniforms and when we’re going to lose Seth to a P5 school. 

Pretty cool of Wren take the time to personally reach out to you and explain the relationship between University and paper.  Love that guy.   Great AD. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/20/2018 at 9:37 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Pretty cool of Wren take the time to personally reach out to you and explain the relationship between University and paper.  Love that guy.   Great AD. 

It was very cool of him. He was very cool about it too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Grant.UNT said:

It was very cool of him. He was very cool about it too. 

Totally just curious and we can avoid the discussion if needed, but how did you think this all worked before you connected with Wren?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 1

On 10/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, Grant.UNT said:

Not excited about the comment just wondering why the hell you posted it.  Our AD is not the school paper.  Our AD is not the journalism department. WB obviously has nothing to do with the NT Daily but your comment made it look like he wrote the op-ed.  It looked like our fan-base can't draw obvious conclusions without being handheld. That was my beef with it. 

The amount of snowflakes that appeared in the comments was totally astounding to me and made me lolz at the naivety that so many clearly have about school papers and what their political leanings typically are. 

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I'm shocked ... SHOCKED ... that a campus newspaper would endorse a Democrat.  That NEVER happens.

/endsarcasm. 

an email from my aunt in Nebraska told me Soros is paying their tuition. 

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1