Uniforms for UAB?

RiseUNT

14 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I was hoping for the polar bear (all white) look we wore and were so successful with against Arkansas.

Win !

GO MEAN GREEN

I might be wrong here... but I think they are trying to not wear the same uni combo more than once the whole season.

I think they accomplished that last year. 

• Lovely Take 1

By far the worst uniform combo we've worn the last two years. It's giving flashbacks to one of the worst games in the McCarney era...

Image result for North Texas vs Indiana 2014

Again, I don't understand why we HAVE to wear a different combo every week. The unis we wore vs Arkansas and Liberty were awesome. No need to wear combos like this that don't work.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

By far the worst uniform combo we've worn the last two years. It's giving flashbacks to one of the worst games in the McCarney era...

Image result for North Texas vs Indiana 2014

Again, I don't understand why we HAVE to wear a different combo every week. The unis we wore vs Arkansas and Liberty were awesome. No need to wear combos like this that don't work.  

because the players love it.  and recruits love it.  and with out players and recruits we might as well were nothing because we will be back to the dodge years, just hoping we dont go 100% defeated instead of dreaming of UNDEFEATED

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

because the players love it.  and recruits love it.  and with out players and recruits we might as well were nothing because we will be back to the dodge years, just hoping we dont go 100% defeated instead of dreaming of UNDEFEATED

I think uniforms are pretty far down the list of why recruits come to UNT...I'm fine with wearing different combos, but when it gets to the point where we are wearing bad combos like this then count me out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I think uniforms are pretty far down the list of why recruits come to UNT...I'm fine with wearing different combos, but when it gets to the point where we are wearing bad combos like this then count me out. 

Not as far down the list as you’d think when a recruit has offers from, say, us, LATech, SMU & Tulsa...  Teams that are relatively close & competing for the same kids... I bet they actually would have a good little sway!

I always hear people claim that this is important to the recruits and that the players love them, etc... but have never heard a recruit or player ever say a word about them.  Is this just speculation or is there some sort of verifiable proof?

Back on topic, not a fan of this look.  Our all whites, white with green helmets or green helmet, white shirt, green pants are my favorites.  I love the black accents but prefer our traditional colors.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I always hear people claim that this is important to the recruits and that the players love them, etc... but have never heard a recruit or player ever say a word about them.  Is this just speculation or is there some sort of verifiable proof?

Back on topic, not a fan of this look.  Our all whites, white with green helmets or green helmet, white shirt, green pants are my favorites.  I love the black accents but prefer our traditional colors.

100 recruits share how important uniforms are in the recruiting process, and the styles they prefer

Perhaps most interesting is that recruits were then asked if a school’s uniform will impact their college decision – 31 responded “Very False” to that statement, while 24 said “Moderately False,” 26 said “Moderately True,” and just 7 said “Very True”.

Conclusion of the survey is recruits like flashier uniforms with a lot of combinations, but they don't have too much of an impact on their decision on where to commit. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

If didn’t sway recruits and/or help with marketing then why would every school except the bluest of the blue bloods have different uniform combinations?  

7 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Someone in the coaches offices must think uniforms are pretty important since this is the first thing you see when you walk in their offices.

link

uniforms.jpg

Hmmm, too bad those are not our current uniforms.

I didn't disagree with the fact that kids like the options, I just asked if it really made that big of a difference in recruiting, doesn't appear to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Count you out? Count you out for what?

These are the times we live in.  When you aren't an established program who can stick with a classic look (UT, USC, Penn State) you have to do what you can to stay relevant and attractive.

TBH, I like that people have said we change stuff up as much as Oregon.  I like that people talk about our unis.  It makes us stand out.

Count me in for that. 

• Upvote 1