Things we need

RiseUNT

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

Forgot conference title.

Yes, but one week at a time. We need to win this week. Then we can worry about the following week.  I love being a fan, too, but it’s more fun to stay in the moment.  We can be really good, but only when the focus is right. Let’s do this! #BEATUAB

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Felozano said:

Yes, but one week at a time. We need to win this week. Then we can worry about the following week.  I love being a fan, too, but it’s more fun to stay in the moment.  We can be really good, but only when the focus is right. Let’s do this! #BEATUAB

Well that's boring. Didn't know fandom had rules.

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we need to win more. 

We also need a prideful alum base and student body. 

Over time the former will take care of the latter. To expedite, far more can be done in freshmen orientation other than learning the claw and making a giant human UNT in Apogee. I don't know what else. I don't get paid to come up with those ideas, but a lot more could be done to draw that interest. Not to create a midnight yell or anything at all. But something needs to be planned and orchestrated to garner that week to week support of the entire student body. For students, particularly our student body, more has to be done than staking ground level posters around campus and tweeting. Want to get that student section buzzing...make them prideful of what university they belong to and what it means to support their athletic teams. 

The free stuff is cool and all as was done last year. But that's gimmicky and temporary. Same goes with the wrestling stunt this year, gimmicky and temporary. I'm more so referring to acts that will instill tradition and pride. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Needing to move up in the college football hierarchy what do we need to do?

Bowl win

Sellout

Top 25 ranking

4 star recruit

What am I missing?

-  4* recruit is not necessary to move up.   For the most part, TCU, Louisville, Rutgers, etc... did it without them.

-  Not just "A" bowl win, but "Multiple" Bowl wins.  We must be in a bowl each & every season, and win most of them.

-  Sellouts, yes.

-  Top 25 ranking, yes... and either staying in, or flirting with it each & every season.

In addition: 
  -  Continuing to take advantage of the "opportunity" games VS P5 teams.   I don't expect beatdowns like the one we gave Arkansas, but winning, or playing to a final score of less than 10pts, is a must moving forward.  Nothing says "we belong" more than results on the field.
  -  Coaching consistency.   With continued, sustained success, we know coach Littrell and coordinators/position coaches will be poached.   Backfilling them with coaches who can keep the momentum moving forward will be paramount.

• Upvote 2

In addition to sustained success on the field...

9,000 more season tickets (let's get to half the building sold in season tickets)

2,800 more MGSF donors (let's get to 5,000 total)

$2.2M more MGSF dollars (let's get to $5M total)

I feel like these are the financial numbers that will make us attractive when the conversation about moving up starts.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Official GoMeanGreen Things We Need To Do list:

• Find Ray.
  • Confirm or disprove the rumors that the Pizza Inn Nazi actually fled to South America at the end of the war.
  • Figure out how to troll UTSA about their "cannon", forever.
  • Forget about what happened in Lubbock in 2000.
  • See if we can recruit another player who can beat up an ATM.  This time also beat aTm.
  • DD vs SL Karaoke-off. 
  • Get the STSS restarted.
  • Find Cougar King someone to date.  
  • Speaking of UH, finally get them to admit that Haynes and King played almost a full decade before McVea did. 
  • Fire Johnny Jones, immediately.  
  • For board members: Figure out how to gain access to the VVIP forum.
  • For board admins: Figure out how to monetize access to the VVIP forum.
  • Get Vito that parking pass.
  • For Cerebus:  Figure out how to get every single board post into the  Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread.
  • Build a fortress around SL, financial if possible, otherwise divert the pallets from this years bonfire.  
  • For the Club level:  Better monocle polish.  
  • For Harry:  Figure out how to charge for font/color changes in posts, should cover all board hosting costs.

Am I forgetting anything?

56 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

• Find Ray.
  • Confirm or disprove the rumors that the Pizza Inn Nazi actually fled to South America at the end of the war.
  • See if we can recruit another player who can beat up an ATM.  This time also beat aTm.
  • DD vs SL Karaoke-off. 
  • Speaking of UH, finally get them to admit that Haynes and King played almost a full decade before McVea did. 
  • For Cerebus:  Figure out how to get every single board post into the  Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread.
  • Build a fortress around SL, financial if possible, otherwise divert the pallets from this years bonfire.  
  • For Harry:  Figure out how to charge for font/color changes in posts, should cover all board hosting costs.

- Repair Grey Goose fountain in Athletic Department, or put it on Craigslist.
 - Welfare check on Tina Yothers.
 - Figure out how to get Portland State's USDE/CHEA accreditations revoked so they can no longer be a real thing & we can erase that blip in history.
 - Purchase "pageantry" & bequeath as a gift to Green Brigade.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Seems we need [serious] tags like on reddit now.

We need a clear plan on dealing with/retaining seth.

We need a clear plan b.

We need more tradition/coordination for student section.

We need a little more improvement on the O-line.

A true RB1.

Transition to a program that shows up in the rain too.

Find a way to bring Mattress Mack back into the fold.

Secure another couple major donors.

Maintaining at least the level of recruiting for this years class.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

• Find Ray.
  • DD vs SL Karaoke-off. 

Lubbock 2000 is hard to forget....😣

The formula for college football success is pretty simple.

Go to a bowl 4 out of every 5 seasons.

Win your bowl game 3 out of every 4 bowls.

Win your conference championship once every 5 years.

Rinse, repeat. 3 or 4 cycles and you'll get where you want to go.   Basically what Southern Miss did for 20 years.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1