Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
MeanGreenTexan

Official UAB Game Score Prediction Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Very true. All true. Then we need to be slightly more 1 dimensional and let him flourish. We have the 85th ranked rush offense and the 8th ranked passing offense. Both sides are getting equal amount of opportunity. We run it 38 times a game and pass it 40 times a game, though weather may have skewed these numbers due to neccissity. Put the ball in the guys hand and let him sling it if weather permits. We were on an offensive explosion early in the year because his attempts were way up. Since, they have declined quite a bit. I'm not saying go full on air raid for 60 attempts and run the ball if the situation dictates it. But something is going on with the offense. The only indicator given is an increase in rush attempts and decrease in pass attempts. The offense has to get back into its groove and that lies at the feet of the qb (and play caller). 

Couldn’t disagree more.  Last week USM showed us 3 down linemen and safeties 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.  We spent the first half trying to force the passing game and saw a string of three and outs because of it.  Second half we said “oh wait, they’re daring us to run...ok” and saw Torrey go off.  

UAB, like every other team, will try to get a rush with their down linemen and cover because they know Mason is the engine of this offense. 

Establish the will to run (note I didn’t say necessarily success at running) to get them into a less pass slanted look...then watch the Chief carve them up

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in order to beat UAB we must get inside their heads. Instead of wearing sick kids' names on our jerseys, we will literally field a team of terminally ill children, fulfilling their lifelong dream of playing a spotlight college football game. The Blazers will be so thrown off that we come out guns-a-blazin and win 70-0. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The teams that scored 40 or more on NT last season included SMU, army, UAB, FAU, FAU and Troy. Apart from SMU those are all run first teams or at least teams that favor physical play over finesse, and NT looked much worse when playing those. So far NT has not played any proficient run first teams this season. Arkansas is the best running team NT has played so far, and they are 71st in total run yards. So while the D has looked awesome against the run so far, that part of their game will come under a completely different attack this week. UAB is 16th in rushes per game and 21st in rushing yards per game. You take that out of the equation, UNT wins, cause UAB is not a scary passing team. But last seasons experience tells me that this defense is less made to defend run-first teams. That said, I think the team is deeper -particularly importantly at DL- and better prepared. Still, I am nervous about this part and think UAB will get theirs.

uABs own run-defense numbers look awesome at first glance. They are third in pass yards per game allowed. However, that is kind of the inverse of UNTs rush defense, i.e. they also face the 5th least passing attempts per game because they faced primarily run-first attacks. Thee only team they faced that passes more than average is LaTech and while I like LaT WRs, I think they don't have the right QB to simply take what the defense gives. Mason Fine is the first kind of QB who can punish UAB for leaving underneath stuff etc. We need a big game from him. NT should be able to run a little bit, UAB however is better in run-defense than USM or LaTech, so dosing it right will be crucial.

For the same reasons I thought it would be under last week, I think this will be over. UAB was lucky last year to be this close, but they did improve a lot. In the end I think it will be a very bumpy ride, but if luck falls equally on both sides, the score will be about the same as last year minus about 7 points for each. NT 38 UAB 35

p.s. sorry for the novel.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  Last week USM showed us 3 down linemen and safeties 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.  We spent the first half trying to force the passing game and saw a string of three and outs because of it.  Second half we said “oh wait, they’re daring us to run...ok” and saw Torrey go off.  

UAB, like every other team, will try to get a rush with their down linemen and cover because they know Mason is the engine of this offense. 

Establish the will to run (note I didn’t say necessarily success at running) to get them into a less pass slanted look...then watch the Chief carve them up

Go off is an exaggeration a bit. Before that garbage TD run of 34 yards he was sitting at 61 yds on 16 carries for 3.8 ypc. Last year, this team went as Jeff Wilson went before injury. This is now MF team and this team goes as MF goes. I put 0 stock in our rushing offense outside of using it to score, situational, and to keep defenses honest. GH doesn't need and hopefully won't force the passing game but his attempts, quality attempts, need to increase to push this team over the hump. That's all I'm saying. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Go off is an exaggeration a bit. Before that garbage TD run of 34 yards he was sitting at 61 yds on 16 carries for 3.8 ypc. Last year, this team went as Jeff Wilson went before injury. This is now MF team and this team goes as MF goes. I put 0 stock in our rushing offense outside of using it to score, situational, and to keep defenses honest. GH doesn't need and hopefully won't force the passing game but his attempts, quality attempts, need to increase to push this team over the hump. That's all I'm saying. 

No need to call the team MFers just because the running game is struggling.  Harsh.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcement this week of NCAA investigation instigated by freefall Auburn due to improbable UAB success promptly following suspended animation of program, causes discouragement and confusion at UAB. 

UNT 27

UAB 3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like this game will be a shootout. we need to get up on them early and make them pass. 

 

Mean Green- 41

other guy-37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a mistake and made my prediction last week that I want to make this week:

UNT Eagles           37

Blazers                  24

UAB flames out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

 

51 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Ben Baby is dead to me. 

Aw, Ben! How could you do us like this!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction Sunday through Tuesday would have been a 33-31 UNT win.

After reading the last couple days about the soft offenses UAB's defense has faced, I'm feeling a little bit more confident.  I also feel good about our running game continuing to develop and UAB not knowing what to do about it.

So, let's say 44-23 Mean Green make a statement.

giphy.gif

Edited by greenminer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it before the La Tech game. UNT hadn't been tested yet. That concerned me. And then we fell short. That's important because the better team did not win that night. We have since been tested. And we passed the tests.

UAB has not been tested. 

They're gonna get tested on Saturday. And they're not gonna pass. Plus, we're the better team.

Prediction on UAB fans' opinions before the game: "Bill Clark is the best coach in Alabama!" Prediction on UAB fans' opinions after the game: "I don't know if Bill Clark is the guy to take us to the next level"

We've been tested, they haven't.

UNT 41 UAB 17

 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I said it before the La Tech game. UNT hadn't been tested yet. That concerned me. And then we fell short. That's important because the better team did not win that night. We have since been tested. And we passed the tests.

UAB has not been tested. 

They're gonna get tested on Saturday. And they're not gonna pass. Plus, we're the better team.

Prediction on UAB fans' opinions before the game: "Bill Clark is the best coach in Alabama!" Prediction on UAB fans' opinions after the game: "I don't know if Bill Clark is the guy to take us to the next level"

We've been tested, they haven't.

UNT 41 UAB 17

 

This.  UAB is overrated and were lucky to be within 14 of us last year.

UNT: 48

UAB: 16

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Confused 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This.  UAB is overrated and were lucky to be within 14 of us last year.

UNT: 48

USM: 16

Image result for wake up slapping GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.