Official UAB Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

I predicted this game would determine the West Division winner in the preseason... I think I'll still be right about that. 
I also predicted both teams would come into this game undefeated... I was barely off there, with both having 1 loss.

I think NT realizes their chance to win the C-USA championship is still right in front of them.  They have to focus and take it.   I think coach Littrell will have the guys ready.

I REALLY HOPE Hall is back for this one.  If so, we can shut down their receivers and really plan for their running game.  If no, Robinson is going to have to stay back to help on whichever side Brooks is not on, which will put a little more pressure on Ejiya, Garner & Muhammad.  I challenge I do believe they're up for... but one I'd rather them not have to take on.

Offensively, we'll need to stay focused & quit it with the drops.   Get the run game going somewhat & open up the pass quite a bit.   Mason needs to trust his WR's to make plays & throw it to them, even if somewhat covered on occasion.

I think, regardless of how the offense starts, if the defense can come out and set the tone like they did VS SoMiss, the offense will, again, gain confidence & begin pulling away.   With the swagger our defense is showing now... I think that's going to be how it goes.

Big win for NT!

NT: 31
UAB: 17

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

UAB is bigger and stronger on both lines and will grind us to a pulp both defensively and in the running game. Defensive improvements have been good but the offense is too inconsistent.

UAB 35

UNT 24

I gave you a plus one because you had the guts to stick to your guns on the prediction.  This is going to be a VERY tough road game for us.  This sort of reminds me of Troy matchup in the bowl game.  UAB seems to be coming into their own at the right time.

34 NT (We keep it on the ground due to weather, and as I mentioned in a previous thread, we have had practice playing in the rain lately)

31 UAB (We hold them to several field goals)

NT squeaks by with the W bobbling in our hands, we win with a miracle field goal in the rain.

• Lovely Take 1

Do we really have a super star quarterback? He has been in a funk. Last year we had the luxury of leaning on a very good running back which allowed MF to pick his spots and take advantage of defenses trying to limit JF. We need MF to be on his A game and trust his reads and make his throws. 

Super star QB playing the offense out of its funk - 

UNT - 42

UAB - 23

If our offense continues to be stagnant with our D holding the slipping rope - 

UNT - 27

UAB - 34

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4

27 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Do we really have a super star quarterback? He has been in a funk. Last year we had the luxury of leaning on a very good running back which allowed MF to pick his spots and take advantage of defenses trying to limit JF. We need MF to be on his A game and trust his reads and make his throws. 

Super star QB playing the offense out of its funk - 

UNT - 42

UAB - 23

If our offense continues to be stagnant with our D holding the slipping rope - 

UNT - 27

UAB - 34

To answer your first question, yes.  Yes we do have a super star quarterback...and it isn’t even remotely debatable.  

I said it before, I’ll say it again, this is a win  (though not by a bunch)

NT - 27

UAB - 24

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

To answer your first question, yes.  Yes we do have a super star quarterback...and it isn’t even remotely debatable.  

I said it before, I’ll say it again, this is a win  (though not by a bunch)

NT - 27

UAB - 24

Then he needs to break out and throw for 350 and carry this team to a W. Hasn't thrown for 3 bills since Incarnate Word. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Then he needs to break out and throw for 350 and carry this team to a W. Hasn't thrown for 3 bills since Incarnate Word. 

He doesn't need to break 300 yards.  He just needs to keep doing the incredible  things he is doing.

He threw for 31 TD / 16 INT last year.  About 2-1.  He is at 16 TD / 1 INT this year.  He would need to throw for seven straight interceptions without a TD to drop the TD/INT ratio to 2-1.  

He took 39 sacks last year and is at 9 this year.  Did the OL drastically improve?  Or is he making decisions faster, including dumping the ball when needed.

His completion rate is up, his YPA is up.    Everything is incredible.  

Those 3 games you are dogging on him for he threw for 296, 294, and 292 yards.  6 TD / 0 INT.  About 65% pass completion.  That should be more than  enough to win if the defense does their job and the run game has any success at all.  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He doesn't need to break 300 yards.  He just needs to keep doing the incredible  things he is doing.

He threw for 31 TD / 16 INT last year.  About 2-1.  He is at 16 TD / 1 INT this year.  He would need to throw for seven straight interceptions without a TD to drop the TD/INT ratio to 2-1.  

He took 39 sacks last year and is at 9 this year.  Did the OL drastically improve?  Or is he making decisions faster, including dumping the ball when needed.

His completion rate is up, his YPA is up.    Everything is incredible.  

Those 3 games you are dogging on him for he threw for 296, 294, and 292 yards.  6 TD / 0 INT.  About 65% pass completion.  That should be more than  enough to win if the defense does their job and the run game has any success at all.  

Very true. All true. Then we need to be slightly more 1 dimensional and let him flourish. We have the 85th ranked rush offense and the 8th ranked passing offense. Both sides are getting equal amount of opportunity. We run it 38 times a game and pass it 40 times a game, though weather may have skewed these numbers due to neccissity. Put the ball in the guys hand and let him sling it if weather permits. We were on an offensive explosion early in the year because his attempts were way up. Since, they have declined quite a bit. I'm not saying go full on air raid for 60 attempts and run the ball if the situation dictates it. But something is going on with the offense. The only indicator given is an increase in rush attempts and decrease in pass attempts. The offense has to get back into its groove and that lies at the feet of the qb (and play caller). 

Two Scenarios here:

1)If UAB's run game and Erdely can be contained in the backfield and force UAB to throw the ball. If thats the case, we will be able to take full advantage of a less than accurate passer.

UNT 35

UAB 17

2)We can't contain them and they run their full offense and smack our Defense around a little bit.

UNT 31

UAB 28

I fully believe we are the best offense they have faced and will face this year and we win this game. Have to Shut down the run though