Just for the record

emmitt01

Realistically it is going to take years of consistent winning to get the dedicated student base that will show up at every game, rain, snow, or shine. I missed the game, too, for my bachelor weekend. I am getting married the day after Homecoming but luckily the game is early enough on Saturday for me to make my rehearsal dinner...

Two things:

1. Boise can have some pretty damn good weather at this time of year.  I've been there a couple of times, once on New Year's Eve, when it was pleasantly warm and sunny, without even comparing it to Wyoming which I'd just suffered through.  Right now, it's in the 60's and sunny.  I'd love to live there, but am not sure how much time I want to spend around my Idaho Mormon (oops, that's The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints members now) relatives.  But, yeah, unless you're LDS or into meth, I can't think of anything other than Boise State Sports and potato farming conversation for entertainment.

2. Talking of "the Family Guy", The guy who married my daughter-in-law does the graphics for "The Family Guy".  Things being what they are, he does that from his home office in Buffalo,  New York, after a Monday Morning teleconference with Fox creative staff in Los Angeles.  And honestly, Caleb and Kimberly could complain about the weather, but I think they figure everyone in the country knows there are at least 3 months of the year you just don't want to go out (March just being mucking around in the slush and working on the damage the ice dams did to your roof).

So, yeah, every place is different.  Honestly, I only made it for the last part of that Saturday game. Denton was in this weird little island of clearing while thunderstorms persisted elsewhere, but ok, I'll try to get wet next time.  I still have fond memories of helping KingDL1 hold down the tent during a freakish short lived t-storm a few years back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Too bad you didn’t get to see our loss there in a fridges blizzard in 1994 when a Mitch Maher Pass was intercepted by a one-armed DB that sealed our exit from the playoffs.  

Hell of a game to have seen.

Rick

Do you mean he caught it with one arm or that he had just one arm?  Because in my mind it is the latter and I think a little less of MM now.  

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/07/sports/college-football-fighter-who-plays-football-born-with-no-left-hand-dawuan-miller.html

it's gotta be both inspirational and incredibly deflating to get picked off by this guy. I guess you always have a story at the bar. 

• Upvote 1

and I can confirm Boise is a particularly lovely spot with a surprisingly lovely climate. the Sawtooth Mountains create a bit of a rain shadow...it only gets ~12" of rain and 30" of snow a year...and from what I've heard, usually the bulk of the snow comes from maybe two big storms a winter.

this has been your Boise weather minute. 

• Upvote 2

Wrens message was fine, it's the timing that is off.

If the temperature was anywhere from 60 to 100 with no threat of rain and say 18-20K showed up ok, better time to say something.

Also, to the argument of winning, this coaching staff still hasn't won a conference championship or a bowl game, so ease up on the championship program rant.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Wrens message was fine, it's the timing that is off.

If the temperature was anywhere from 60 to 100 with no threat of rain and say 18-20K showed up ok, better time to say something.

Also, to the argument of winning, this coaching staff still hasn't won a conference championship or a bowl game, so ease up on the championship program rant.

I wasn't even going to go this angle, but so true. 

It's as if many believe SL rose on the 3rd day.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

We have set 2 attendance records in this year alone. Before 2018, we were riding on the Apogee opening game against Houston from 2011.

Weather sucks, and I'm hoping the weather holds up for homecoming so we can see our first sell out. Like I've see previously stated.. We just aren't there yet with fans showing up in precipitation. It's a tough pill to swallow, but we'll get there eventually with the succuess of our team and the hard work by the AD, To say that this year hasn't been a success attendance wise, would be a lie though.   

• Upvote 1