Possible bowl dates

Shark84

13 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I'd take a win over another P-5 school this year, Pac-12 would be OK but I would prefer another SEC school!!! GMG

I would rather a P5 not in the Pac-12. East coast bias is real and nobody who matters pays attention to the Pac-12. They might be the least respected P5 conference right now. I would love to beat a Big 12 or another SEC school due to those being the major local P5 conferences.

• Upvote 1

Conference bowl tie-ins this year.  No set order.  Conference champion can choose which bowl it plays. 

– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
 Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
 Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. American Athletic
 Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
 Hawai’i Bowl vs. Mountain West
 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
 SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. Big Ten

Secondary agreements: 

Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Conditional if ACC or SEC can’t fill a spot.

DXL Frisco Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can’t fill a spot.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

Spoiler Warning:  They have UNT vs Memphis in the Independence Bowl.  I'd take it. 

But DD isn't at Memphis anymore.  A&M, anyone?

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I just don't want to play in the tomb of the cotton bowl again.  We can have a big crowd and still looks like we aren't showing up for the game.  Besides the Cotton Bowl is a dump.  Yes, it has history but that was long ago. Suprised Texas-OU has not started playing in Jerry World yet. The game is played the day after X-mas.  Our fans will be at the after x-mas sales in an indoor mall.

Even the Cotton Bowl game has moved out of the Cotton Bowl.  

But I would take it over the Bahama mama's bowl.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

I want to be in a bowl game where we can get a bunch of UNT faithful there. The NO Bowl last year was a freakin blast but our turn out was minimal. Yes, the Cotton Bowl is a dump but We covered up our whole side if my memory serves me correctly.

We just need to keep winning and we'll see what happens

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I would rather play in the Servepro Bowl VS a P5 also-ran than in the NO Bowl VS the SBC champ...  10 times out of 10.

Not because of the proximity to Dallas, but because of the perception.   

The Troy smackdown last year hurt perception because we're supposed to be better than a SBC team. Period.  Doesn't matter that it was the conference champ & they were a VERY good team.
On the flip-side, a P5 team is supposed to be better than a G5 team.  Period.   So you put yourself in a more favorable situation when you win... and you lose nothing if you lose.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

CBS fb bowl projections have us in New Mexico bowl playing San Diego State. 

Has UCF in the Fiesta Bowl, I wish we could have gone undefeated and made it to upper-level bowl.   If we had you know the powers to be in P5 world would had us vs UCF.  Not that is bad but they would protect the P5 teams from beating one of the NCAA darlings.  Good luck to UCF and hope they beat the pants of the P5 school they will face.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1