Lost in translation

Harry

We sometimes seem to get caught up the extra-curriculars and miss the main point.

That was a very solid win, one of the best in the Littrell era in my opinion.  Southern Miss is a proud program, has quality talent and are well coached.  Not everything went our way but we found a way to win.  The defense played big.  

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We sometimes seem to get caught up the extra-curriculars and miss the main point.

That was a very solid win, one of the best in the Littrell era in my opinion.  Southern Miss is a proud program, has quality talent and are well coached.  Not everything went our way but we found a way to win.  The defense played big.  

Very true. The attendance talk is kind of a beating after a huge “get back on track” win like yesterday.

A couple of conversations on the board this week about years past bad weather games got me thinking about some of the really bad football I’ve witnessed (Ohio & WKU) in the past 20 years. Where we literally were just looking for a couple of wins in a season. Now look at where we are from a competitive standpoint thanks to Seth.

I’m honestly glad that we’re in a position as a program to have a newer generation of fans now, who the La Tech letdown is the worst North Texas experience that they’ve endured. Gut wrenching as it was, that was an exciting game against a quality opponent. It’s exciting that North Texas is actually attracting Johnny Come Lately’s to the program. Unrealistic undefeated season expectations and all. This has been a long time coming.

Enjoying the ride this year. These are fun times in Mean Green land. Feel like we’re still watching a special season unfold before our eyes.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 6

We are watching a special season unfold, if the team can stay focused and injury free, I believe they will finish the season CUSA Champions, win a bowl game and be ranked in the top 25.  Additionally many of our players will receive awards.  Next season will be even better.  With this BOR's, administration, athletic department and our players we could finally be realizing UNT's potential and hopefully maintaining a level of excellence that will propel our program to a higher level of prominence and greener pastures.

WIN GAMES

BEAT uab

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

17 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Very true @Harry

It was a lackluster performance to say the least on offense by basically everyone involved and we won 30-7. It was like, "man we look terrible." Then we look up at the board and we're winning 30-7 vs a top half CUSA team. Though the score is not indicative of how close the game was. 

Yeah, it was a tough game. 
I feel like the momentum completely switched when NT was up 16-7 and SoMiss trotted Kwandre Diggs out there at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Was Alexander hurt or something?  He was certainly as-advertised as far as QB ability is concerned.  Very good, and I look forward to playing him again. 
I think the guys saw the white flag coming up with that QB move.   We scored on the next posession and it was never really in doubt after that.  The swagger was back.  The defense just wore them out.  And the offense knew they could pin their ears back because the D had their back.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, it was a tough game. 
I feel like the momentum completely switched when NT was up 16-7 and SoMiss trotted Kwandre Diggs out there at the end of the 3rd

I read that his mom died that morning 

• Upvote 1