More blue lot woes

oldguystudent

So I figured with the rain, that attendance would be low, and blue lot parking would be ample.  It was and it was.  

But there was still this line to get in.  I didn't see any of these cars get in.  About half turned around and drove off somewhere else on a road I don't know about. 

I ended up going into the left lane, drove right past the attendants, lowered my window, flashed my permit, and yelled, "Fix this shit!" 

Apparently the scanners weren't working, so they just weren't letting anybody in. 

If we can't handle this on a low attendance game like yesterday, then we've got serious logistic problems. 

6w4LHVG.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

So I figured with the rain, that attendance would be low, and blue lot parking would be ample.  It was and it was.  

But there was still this line to get in.  I didn't see any of these cars get in.  About half turned around and drove off somewhere else on a road I don't know about. 

I ended up going into the left lane, drove right past the attendants, lowered my window, flashed my permit, and yelled, "Fix this shit!" 

Apparently the scanners weren't working, so they just weren't letting anybody in. 

If we can't handle this on a low attendance game like yesterday, then we've got serious logistic problems. 

6w4LHVG.jpg

Email Wren he will get it fixed. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

yeah, I came in from the south on bonnie brae.  I go down ft worth drive turn on Roselawn and follow to bonnie brae and it is smooth sailing.  I am starting to see more traffic on the road for game day and a lot of green wear in the cars.  But if people are showing up I am glad to sit in line. But your right yesterday was no excuse.

• Upvote 1

They tried like hell to scan mine at 11:30 and I was the only car in line at the N Texas Blvd entrance.  The rain was just beginning to slow but it was still raining.  I enjoyed having to sit there for 5 minutes having both attendants attempt to scan the pass with my windows down while it rained inside of my car.

As the second car pulled up behind me they just told me to go ahead.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreengdub said:

So what is the recommendation on parking? Do I buy a parking pass ahead of time? Which lot? I haven't been to a game in a few years (out-of-towner) and will be coming in from the south on 35W.

Thanks!

park in the blue lot.  i've never had an issue with scanning, accepting my pass, long lines, anything and ever have missed a home game....i do get there real early, but maybe that's part of the secret.  get there early, tailgate, enjoy the entire day and you won't have problems....guess some people are just unlucky

Edited by THOR
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, THOR said:

.i do get there real early

No can do on this end for any game before October 15th.  I've been chained to my desk all weekend and had to sneak out yesterday, telling them "I have a thing.  I'll be back." 

The chocolate cheesecake yesterday was divine though. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1