• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

UNT 90 Grad

UNT vs. UAB Watching Party - Collin County

Recommended Posts

This week we're moving back to Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Allen for one game. 

Fuzzy's is located at 790 W. Exchange Suite 140 in Allen.  Kickoff is Saturday, October 20th at 6:30 pm. 

We'll have a few North Texas freebies as well as a half time drawing for door prizes. 

The game will be on TVs throughout the restaurant along with game audio.

 

large.IMG_2832.JPG.5ced8662659cac4f67a95

Nothing beats watching the games along side passionate Mean Green family!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1164118920408489/

This event will be hosted by our own @ntsumgspe

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Not that I don't like Fuzzy's, food is awesome, but what happened to Killarney's?

beIN Sports happened.  Fuzzy’s carries beIN Sports through Spectrum cable.  Killarney’s has DirecTV, which no longer carries beIN Sports at all.  I could have done the laptop streaming bit again, but I’m not going to be able to host this one.  I wasn’t able to get a sub that also had the ability/credentials to stream beIN Sports. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Ahh gotcha, that makes sense. For the future, I wouldn't mind subbing. I have Sling.

I will be at Fuzzy's for it!

Same I’m willing to help out in anyway. I want the best for our fans. 

Thanks Todd for all that you do!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, next month we’ll be back at Killarney’s for the ODU game.   If you stick around after that game, Petty Theft will be playing at Killarney’s that night.  

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

So, the game is being broadcast on beIN???

Haven't seen any TV details other than this thread.

You know, the team has a website.  🙂

https://meangreensports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

OCT 20 (SAT) 6:30 PM
CUSA
AT UAB
BIRMINGHAM, AL
TV: BEIN SPORTS RADIO: MEAN GREEN SPORTS NETWORK
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a little bummed now. Wife and I got tickets to the Imagine Dragons concert, so I can't make it to Fuzzy's this time. I am having mixed emotions because I am excited about the concert, but I REALLY hate missing the watching party for this game. It is going to be probably the second biggest of the year overall and biggest in conference for sure.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is my first time attending and I want to have a plan for my two year old. Have you guys ever brought your little ones?  Is there anything to keep them entertained, or do you guys just make it work?  Please advise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Felozano said:

So this is my first time attending and I want to have a plan for my two year old. Have you guys ever brought your little ones?  Is there anything to keep them entertained, or do you guys just make it work?  Please advise. 

Honestly it’s a fairly small size restaurant and it gets a little cramped for the watching parties. It’s not really a place where kids can run around or they have stuff to keep them busy. I was bummed that we weren’t having it at Killarneys because they have been good to us. Fuzzy has a small bar and you better load up your table with drinks so that you don’t have to wait. However, the food is good and they do make a mean brisket or grilled fish tacos. But oh well, it’s only for one game. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up.  I just wanted to know a little of what to expect.  Seems like we'll need to let him run around before we get there, eat, maybe run around at halftime, and play it by ear the rest of the way....again, thank you.  GMG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Honestly it’s a fairly small size restaurant and it gets a little cramped for the watching parties. It’s not really a place where kids can run around or they have stuff to keep them busy. I was bummed that we weren’t having it at Killarneys because they have been good to us. Fuzzy has a small bar and you better load up your table with drinks so that you don’t have to wait. However, the food is good and they do make a mean brisket or grilled fish tacos. But oh well, it’s only for one game. 

Second this. Fuzzy's is a smaller venue for the crowd we have. Really, we fill up Killarney's and it is a decent space. It just gives people some arm room. 

Killarney's is a full bar though and not just a restaturant, that's why they are faster.

As far a a two year old, it is tough to keep them occupied in either one. My 4 year old is just getting to a point where he will actually watch the game.

  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Second this. Fuzzy's is a smaller venue for the crowd we have. Really, we fill up Killarney's and it is a decent space. It just gives people some arm room. 

Killarney's is a full bar though and not just a restaturant, that's why they are faster.

As far a a two year old, it is tough to keep them occupied in either one. My 4 year old is just getting to a point where he will actually watch the game.

Too bad you won’t be there Willie!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Second this. Fuzzy's is a smaller venue for the crowd we have. Really, we fill up Killarney's and it is a decent space. It just gives people some arm room. 

Killarney's is a full bar though and not just a restaturant, that's why they are faster.

As far a a two year old, it is tough to keep them occupied in either one. My 4 year old is just getting to a point where he will actually watch the game.

Appreciate it.  He'll watch a few minutes, but he's not yet into it.  With time....

We'll just bring some stuff for him to do.  Thanks, again!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

You guys be nice to @ntsumgspe for me today.  I wish I could be there.  Cheer in a victory!

You and me both. The closer it gets the more I get sad..... 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Will the game for sure be on all the TVs in there ? 

As long as you say please to them.  🤣

Seriously, Fuzzy’s historically puts the game on all TVs but one for us.  They also pipe the game audio through the restaurant.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

As long as you say please to them.  🤣

Seriously, Fuzzy’s historically puts the game on all TVs but one for us.  They also pipe the game audio through the restaurant.   

Good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! Great to hear. I was unable to make due to a prior work commitment but I will be at the ODU watch party at Killarneys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a blast tonight!  Wish the outcome was different, but I enjoyed watching the game with my fellow UNT fans. We’ll get them next time. GMG!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now