UNT vs. UAB Watching Party - Collin County

UNT 90 Grad

This week we're moving back to Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Allen for one game. 

Fuzzy's is located at 790 W. Exchange Suite 140 in Allen.  Kickoff is Saturday, October 20th at 6:30 pm. 

We'll have a few North Texas freebies as well as a half time drawing for door prizes. 

The game will be on TVs throughout the restaurant along with game audio.

large.IMG_2832.JPG.5ced8662659cac4f67a95

Nothing beats watching the games along side passionate Mean Green family!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1164118920408489/

This event will be hosted by our own @ntsumgspe

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Not that I don't like Fuzzy's, food is awesome, but what happened to Killarney's?

beIN Sports happened.  Fuzzy’s carries beIN Sports through Spectrum cable.  Killarney’s has DirecTV, which no longer carries beIN Sports at all.  I could have done the laptop streaming bit again, but I’m not going to be able to host this one.  I wasn’t able to get a sub that also had the ability/credentials to stream beIN Sports. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

So, the game is being broadcast on beIN???

Haven't seen any TV details other than this thread.

You know, the team has a website.  🙂

https://meangreensports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

OCT 20 (SAT) 6:30 PM
CUSA
AT UAB
BIRMINGHAM, AL
TV: BEIN SPORTS RADIO: MEAN GREEN SPORTS NETWORK
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a little bummed now. Wife and I got tickets to the Imagine Dragons concert, so I can't make it to Fuzzy's this time. I am having mixed emotions because I am excited about the concert, but I REALLY hate missing the watching party for this game. It is going to be probably the second biggest of the year overall and biggest in conference for sure.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Felozano said:

So this is my first time attending and I want to have a plan for my two year old. Have you guys ever brought your little ones?  Is there anything to keep them entertained, or do you guys just make it work?  Please advise. 

Honestly it’s a fairly small size restaurant and it gets a little cramped for the watching parties. It’s not really a place where kids can run around or they have stuff to keep them busy. I was bummed that we weren’t having it at Killarneys because they have been good to us. Fuzzy has a small bar and you better load up your table with drinks so that you don’t have to wait. However, the food is good and they do make a mean brisket or grilled fish tacos. But oh well, it’s only for one game. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Honestly it’s a fairly small size restaurant and it gets a little cramped for the watching parties. It’s not really a place where kids can run around or they have stuff to keep them busy. I was bummed that we weren’t having it at Killarneys because they have been good to us. Fuzzy has a small bar and you better load up your table with drinks so that you don’t have to wait. However, the food is good and they do make a mean brisket or grilled fish tacos. But oh well, it’s only for one game. 

Second this. Fuzzy's is a smaller venue for the crowd we have. Really, we fill up Killarney's and it is a decent space. It just gives people some arm room. 

Killarney's is a full bar though and not just a restaturant, that's why they are faster.

As far a a two year old, it is tough to keep them occupied in either one. My 4 year old is just getting to a point where he will actually watch the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

7 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Second this. Fuzzy's is a smaller venue for the crowd we have. Really, we fill up Killarney's and it is a decent space. It just gives people some arm room. 

Killarney's is a full bar though and not just a restaturant, that's why they are faster.

As far a a two year old, it is tough to keep them occupied in either one. My 4 year old is just getting to a point where he will actually watch the game.

Too bad you won’t be there Willie!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Appreciate it.  He'll watch a few minutes, but he's not yet into it.  With time....

We'll just bring some stuff for him to do.  Thanks, again!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1