It’s A Wonder Chief Can Still Play

FirefightnRick

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

Funny you posted this.  I was just watching the highlights and caught his whiff on the pass to Lawrence.  Lunging forward with no technique.  Hope Chuck goes over that play over and over in the film room.  He’s got to do better as a senior.

He's a senior.  I think he's about as good as he's going to get. 

• Thanks 1

Leaving the feet. Launching with the crown of the helmet first. Obviously no flag.

I still do wonder why GH called a QB run in the 4th quarter with a good lead though. That seemed very ill-advised. He wants to do that in that situation, put in Shanbour.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

It’s more like: it’s amazing that we can’t find a good OT in talent-rich Texas. I love our players, but let’s be honest here. We are counting on one tackle that was a FCS player and another that keeps trying to lose his starting job.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 97and03 said:

It’s more like: it’s amazing that we can’t find a good OT in talent-rich Texas. I love our players, but let’s be honest here. We are counting on one tackle that was a FCS player and another that keeps trying to lose his starting job.

We are about to see SL sign his 4th class, right? I can’t help but wonder how we are even in this position on the OL

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We are about to see SL sign his 4th class, right? I can’t help but wonder how we are even in this position on the OL

are we married to Chuck Langston as OL coach?

if I recall, Preston the JUCO beat Murray out on the two-deep for SMU...he shows up on a few non-con participation reports, but hasn't played since Liberty. maybe the plan was to ease him in and he'd be starting by conference and got hurt?

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

are we married to Chuck Langston as OL coach?

if I recall, Preston the JUCO beat Murray out on the two-deep for SMU...he shows up on a few non-con participation reports, but hasn't played since Liberty. maybe the plan was to ease him in and he'd be starting by conference and got hurt?

From watching Beyond the Green, I noticed that OL Thomas Preston was on the sideline at the UTEP game in warmups.  I’m assuming he is injured, but haven’t heard a thing about it.

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

It's not confusing. Demand is much higher than supply.  

Yes, Texas is talent rich but there are 12 FBS teams here and every single P5 conference in the nation recruits here heavily.

Last year we lost tackles late to Call and Iowa.

I was referring to not knowing exactly what the post was about.  

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

And yet they have continually beat out the myriad of other offensive linemen on the team.   Not to mention that the overall offensive numbers have been consistently good for last season and this.  

There were plays were Fine was running for his life and others were he seemed to have forever to throw.   NT doesn't have a great ol, but they are not close to as bad as many seem to think.  

• Lovely Take 1