Top 25?

TexHammer1983

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Getting there.   And with the incoming 2019 class, we're looking very good for the future as well.

As far as DL talent... I think so.   Remember, we play a 3-man front.   So having Young/Tauaalo/Hamilton, then Colvin/English/Novil... I think that is a very good 2-deep.    OL & CB (outside of Brooks) is where we are lacking.   But we hit the defensive backfield pretty hard in the 2018 class, and the 2019 class has some help there too, so hopefully the struggles at CB will be a little less next year (although Brooks & Hall both graduate, so we may be in trouble).

I think Cam Johnson/Jordan Roberts will fill in quite nicely after Hall and Brooks.

Maybe not all conference level, but definitely serviceable to good

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Getting there.   And with the incoming 2019 class, we're looking very good for the future as well.

As far as DL talent... I think so.   Remember, we play a 3-man front.   So having Young/Tauaalo/Hamilton, then Colvin/English/Novil... I think that is a very good 2-deep.    OL & CB (outside of Brooks) is where we are lacking.   But we hit the defensive backfield pretty hard in the 2018 class, and the 2019 class has some help there too, so hopefully the struggles at CB will be a little less next year (although Brooks & Hall both graduate, so we may be in trouble).

I agree. I think we've at least started to get to reload mode, instead of just having a couple of quality years and basically falling apart. At least that's my hope and dream.

• Lovely Take 2

The biggest improvement a program goes thru is moving from awful to average. The hardest improvement is going from good to great.

i think we are very good right now, but to be great and be a ranked team, we have to win out. That’s quite a challenge with games still against UAB, FAU, and a CUSA East champion. But that’s what it will take to be ranked— which is a sign of greatness, especially as a G5 program outside of the AAC or the MWC.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The biggest improvement a program goes thru is moving from awful to average. The hardest improvement is going from good to great.

i think we are very good right now, but to be great and be a ranked team, we have to win out. That’s quite a challenge with games still against UAB, FAU, and a CUSA East champion. But that’s what it will take to be ranked— which is a sign of greatness, especially as a G5 program outside of the AAC or the MWC.

I completely agree. We have to win out ( bowl game included), otherwise, we aren't getting ranked until next year. Assuming we have the same amount of success, if not more.