What's your end of season record prediction?

oldguystudent

Hard to tell. This team seems to have peaked in game 3. I have no idea how to guage them. My gut tells me they lose bad next week. 8-4 is what I think I predicted before the season. Seems what they are on pace for performance wise. They just seemed to have hit a wall the past 3 weeks. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Conservatively you think we lose three out of UAB, Rice, ODU, FAU, and UTSA? 

Seems pessimistic.

I think Rice is a damn near given, but then I recall UTEP.  ODU has been stinkin' up the joint except for that win over ranked West Virginia.  UTSA always seems to have our number.  UAB and FAU are good.  Watcha' got? 

• Downvote 1

I watched most of UTSAs game today. No way UNT loses this, as UTSA seriously can only win if you turn it over. Repeatedly. There is no offense in San Antonio. I'd be surprised if Wilson is still coaching there two years from now.

7-1

Rice has actually been regressing lately compared to the start of the season. And it was not that high a level to begin with.

8-1

I also saw a good chunk of ODU. It wasn't impressive either but If everything falls for them they could pull the upset. Still i am pretty confident UNT takes this.

9-1.  9 wins is the minimum in my head.

That leaves UAB and FAU.

I don't know about UAB, that could go both ways, its a pickem to me. I would feel better if I knew that Hall were back or that Fine were fully healthy, but this way its a tossup to me.

FAU scares me a little bit, mostly because of how it went last season, much less because of how they have been playing so far.

So I guess my answer is splitting those last two for 10-2. I can still see this team winning the conference if they can be just a little more focused than the last 3 weeks and then keep that focus up for 2 months.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

I think it's pretty much given that we wont lose 4. But I'm not going to shame @oldguystudent on presenting that possibility, because that dang UTEP game really made me think that any game could be a loss. Just like every game should be a win.

I'd say we at worst case, lose one more. And that is counting only regular season play. I can definitely see us going undefeated the rest of our schedule though. 

I know Auburn isn’t what they’ve always been, but let’s not forget we just put a whippin on s team that only lost to them 24-13. 

I think this was a turn the corner game. I see us maybe losing one more game to either FAU or UAB. Maybe. 

FAU aren’t the world beaters they were last year. UAB is better. 

Either way... it’ll be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN!