• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

oldguystudent

What's your end of season record prediction?

Hard to tell. This team seems to have peaked in game 3. I have no idea how to guage them. My gut tells me they lose bad next week. 8-4 is what I think I predicted before the season. Seems what they are on pace for performance wise. They just seemed to have hit a wall the past 3 weeks. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

13-1

UAB isn't as good as everyone is saying they are and will fall flat on Saturday just like La Tech did to them and we did to la tech.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I want double digits wins for the first time in program history! Let's go!!

I believe double digits happened in 1977ish. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

I believe the team turned a corner today.  The Mean Green will not lose another game this season and finish 13-1.  But I could be mistaken by maybe one game............

GO MEAN GREEN

WIN GAMES 

BEAT uab

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Conservatively, I see 8-4.  Optimistically, I see 10-2.  Watcha got? 

Conservatively you think we lose three out of UAB, Rice, ODU, FAU, and UTSA? 

Seems pessimistic.

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Conservatively you think we lose three out of UAB, Rice, ODU, FAU, and UTSA? 

Seems pessimistic.

I think Rice is a damn near given, but then I recall UTEP.  ODU has been stinkin' up the joint except for that win over ranked West Virginia.  UTSA always seems to have our number.  UAB and FAU are good.  Watcha' got? 

• Downvote 1

I thought this would be the game that would determine whether we would have double or single digit wins. I forecasted 8-4 , but with this D I could see 10-2! GMG 

I watched most of UTSAs game today. No way UNT loses this, as UTSA seriously can only win if you turn it over. Repeatedly. There is no offense in San Antonio. I'd be surprised if Wilson is still coaching there two years from now.

7-1

Rice has actually been regressing lately compared to the start of the season. And it was not that high a level to begin with.

8-1

I also saw a good chunk of ODU. It wasn't impressive either but If everything falls for them they could pull the upset. Still i am pretty confident UNT takes this.

9-1.  9 wins is the minimum in my head.

That leaves UAB and FAU.

I don't know about UAB, that could go both ways, its a pickem to me. I would feel better if I knew that Hall were back or that Fine were fully healthy, but this way its a tossup to me.

FAU scares me a little bit, mostly because of how it went last season, much less because of how they have been playing so far.

So I guess my answer is splitting those last two for 10-2. I can still see this team winning the conference if they can be just a little more focused than the last 3 weeks and then keep that focus up for 2 months.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

If the defense plays like today, then we have just 2 games we could lose.  If the offense gets it's shit together and the defense plays like today, we don't lose.

I think it's pretty much given that we wont lose 4. But I'm not going to shame @oldguystudent on presenting that possibility, because that dang UTEP game really made me think that any game could be a loss. Just like every game should be a win.

I'd say we at worst case, lose one more. And that is counting only regular season play. I can definitely see us going undefeated the rest of our schedule though. 

I know Auburn isn’t what they’ve always been, but let’s not forget we just put a whippin on s team that only lost to them 24-13. 

I think this was a turn the corner game. I see us maybe losing one more game to either FAU or UAB. Maybe. 

FAU aren’t the world beaters they were last year. UAB is better. 

Either way... it’ll be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN!