CUSA Officials

southsideguy

Refs were definitely a tad "off" their game TODAY.

Note: I am trying to stay civil with my comments here. They spotted the ball incorrectly a minimum of three times...clearly bad spots, they missed several USM holding calls, Fine was hit late, I am calling "you know what" on the mystery forward pass fumble ( and you did note that they reviewed the play where UNT stripped the ball from the USM runner AND the play where the UNT runner was clearly down) and they could have called a personal foul against USM on that "fumble" play as well, but did not.  Did I miss anything?

But, better to be "politely questioning" the refs after a win than a loss... one-hundred percent better!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Refs were definitely a tad "off" their game TODAY.

Note: I am trying to stay civil with my comments here. They spotted the ball incorrectly a minimum of three times...clearly bad spots, they missed several USM holding calls, Fine was hit late, I am calling "you know what" on the mystery forward pass fumble ( and you did not that they reviewed the paly where UNT stripped the ball from the USM runner AND the play where the UNT runner was clearly down) and they could have called a personal foul against USM on that "fumble" play as well, but did not.  Did I miss anything?

But, better to be "politely questioning" the refs after a win than a loss... one-hundred percent better!

^This about sums it up. Officiating was trash today. Some truly mind boggling calls.

• Upvote 1

Another terrible mistake...officiating wise,..was inadvertent whistling the play dead on the “defensive off sides” on that extra point, forcing us to re-kick.  You just don’t do that.  Pee Wee level move there.

And on the mystery forward fumble.  If the defensive player did indeed hit the ball hard enough to travel that far then the ball’s flight defied the laws of physics because that player was zooming by in the opposite direction.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Another terrible mistake...officiating wise,..was inadvertent whistling the play dead on the “defensive off sides” on that extra point, forcing us to re-kick.  You just don’t do that.  Pee Wee level move there.

I was really confused by that.  I always thought defensive off sides was a free play. But CUSA ref'd. 

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

One thing I was happy to see was that there was a woman ref out there who I thought did a great job (not like the refs on the lines), who didn't feel it necessary to assert her power.  I think I saw her throw one flag that was completely justified. So kudos to her for, you know, being a ref, not a political statement. 

Actually, this was surprising since she's certainly had plenty of failures before.  Note: I will say that the original lady official that we had that went on to pros was good.

1 minute ago, meaniegreenie said:

Actually, this was surprising since she's certainly had plenty of failures before.  Note: I will say that the original lady official that we had that went on to pros was good.

We had a woman at some point in the Mac years who must've thrown thirty flags in a game.  It was the one time in my life I took the time to record video footage and sent it to the conference office. 

• Upvote 1

Did that punt really go out at the 1?  I thought it looked like it was a touchback.  The ref was right there, but it had the look of going past the pylon while still in the field of play.  Of course, we did go on a 99-yard drive so no harm (at least I think we did on that possession).

8 minutes ago, keith said:

Did that punt really go out at the 1?  I thought it looked like it was a touchback.  The ref was right there, but it had the look of going past the pylon while still in the field of play.  Of course, we did go on a 99-yard drive so no harm (at least I think we did on that possession).

From my seat, a mere 130ish yards away in the "wing", I was pretty certain it was a touchback.😁

13 hours ago, keith said:

Yeah, the replay showed the ball bounce straight right out of bounds