Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

***Official Southern MISS vs. UNT GAME THREAD***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we fire Reffert already?

Maybe GH is worse than thought..

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

23 point win against the strongest defense we've faced and likely the strongest in the conference. 

6-1 !!!!

Huge win.

UAB looms large, and I can guarantee has an infinitely better DL than SoMiss. Will be a huge test

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mind you, I don't think this changed the final outcome, but I felt it really weird and ultimately a terrible decision for USM to put Griggs out there for a series right at the end of the third quarter. 

it was 16-7...we had just scored, but had the PAT blocked...Abraham was efficient and this felt like giving Griggs a courtesy series more than a really strategic decision. Griggs ends up throwing deep with his first touch, getting sacked on second and losing a yard on third. USM ultimately hits an awful punt and the Torrey show puts the game beyond doubt. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

mind you, I don't think this changed the final outcome, but I felt it really weird and ultimately a terrible decision for USM to put Griggs out there for a series right at the end of the third quarter. 

it was 16-7...we had just scored, but had the PAT blocked...Abraham was efficient and this felt like giving Griggs a courtesy series more than a really strategic decision. Griggs ends up throwing deep with his first touch, getting sacked on second and losing a yard on third. USM ultimately hits an awful punt and the Torrey show puts the game beyond doubt. 

Did the play by play offer up why?  Did Abraham get injured?

 

Rick

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Did the play by play offer up why?  Did Abraham get injured?

 

Rick

I don't think so b/c he went right back out there the next series.

Abraham had gone three and out the previous series, but the prior two series he led the good drive that Khairi ruined and the missed FG. 

it felt like the sort of series you give someone coming back into the team maybe early in the 2nd quarter, not at such a pivotal juncture.  

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened without us really knowing it, but we've become spoiled as a fanbase.  With how we played the first four games this season, it's understandable.  We need to enjoy this ride and know that there are going to be ups and downs. Let's hope we haven't peaked yet.  I don't think we have.  Go Mean Green!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keith said:

It happened without us really knowing it, but we've become spoiled as a fanbase.  With how we played the first four games this season, it's understandable.  We need to enjoy this ride and know that there are going to be ups and downs. Let's hope we haven't peaked yet.  I don't think we have.  Go Mean Green!!

If what I read about being #1 in recruiting this year is true, then we haven’t peaked yet...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Did the play by play offer up why?  Did Abraham get injured?

 

Rick

 

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I don't think so b/c he went right back out there the next series.

Abraham had gone three and out the previous series, but the prior two series he led the good drive that Khairi ruined and the missed FG. 

it felt like the sort of series you give someone coming back into the team maybe early in the 2nd quarter, not at such a pivotal juncture.  

:speculation:

I wonder if Abraham gave inappropriate lip on the sidelines prompting Hobson to go, "oh yeah? Yo Kwadra, lace up."

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that big of a head scratcher. 

Through more than a half the USM offense had put up 7 points. Yeah they moved the ball some and almost scored more points, but we almost beat LaTech.  Neither almost counts for anything.

They had a QB battle that the second string qb almost won, and who had played last year. Coach was just looking for an offensive spark. They didn't get it.

We can argue if the decision was a good one or not, but the motive seems clear to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.