***Official Southern MISS vs. UNT GAME THREAD***

Harry

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mind you, I don't think this changed the final outcome, but I felt it really weird and ultimately a terrible decision for USM to put Griggs out there for a series right at the end of the third quarter. 

it was 16-7...we had just scored, but had the PAT blocked...Abraham was efficient and this felt like giving Griggs a courtesy series more than a really strategic decision. Griggs ends up throwing deep with his first touch, getting sacked on second and losing a yard on third. USM ultimately hits an awful punt and the Torrey show puts the game beyond doubt. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

mind you, I don't think this changed the final outcome, but I felt it really weird and ultimately a terrible decision for USM to put Griggs out there for a series right at the end of the third quarter. 

it was 16-7...we had just scored, but had the PAT blocked...Abraham was efficient and this felt like giving Griggs a courtesy series more than a really strategic decision. Griggs ends up throwing deep with his first touch, getting sacked on second and losing a yard on third. USM ultimately hits an awful punt and the Torrey show puts the game beyond doubt. 

Did the play by play offer up why?  Did Abraham get injured?

Rick

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

I don't think so b/c he went right back out there the next series.

Abraham had gone three and out the previous series, but the prior two series he led the good drive that Khairi ruined and the missed FG. 

it felt like the sort of series you give someone coming back into the team maybe early in the 2nd quarter, not at such a pivotal juncture.  

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

It happened without us really knowing it, but we've become spoiled as a fanbase.  With how we played the first four games this season, it's understandable.  We need to enjoy this ride and know that there are going to be ups and downs. Let's hope we haven't peaked yet.  I don't think we have.  Go Mean Green!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, keith said:

It happened without us really knowing it, but we've become spoiled as a fanbase.  With how we played the first four games this season, it's understandable.  We need to enjoy this ride and know that there are going to be ups and downs. Let's hope we haven't peaked yet.  I don't think we have.  Go Mean Green!!

If what I read about being #1 in recruiting this year is true, then we haven’t peaked yet...

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I don't think so b/c he went right back out there the next series.

Abraham had gone three and out the previous series, but the prior two series he led the good drive that Khairi ruined and the missed FG. 

it felt like the sort of series you give someone coming back into the team maybe early in the 2nd quarter, not at such a pivotal juncture.  

:speculation:

I wonder if Abraham gave inappropriate lip on the sidelines prompting Hobson to go, "oh yeah? Yo Kwadra, lace up."

It's not that big of a head scratcher. 

Through more than a half the USM offense had put up 7 points. Yeah they moved the ball some and almost scored more points, but we almost beat LaTech.  Neither almost counts for anything.

They had a QB battle that the second string qb almost won, and who had played last year. Coach was just looking for an offensive spark. They didn't get it.

We can argue if the decision was a good one or not, but the motive seems clear to me.