Craft Beer Eagles 🍺

gmg147

What is your go to "good luck" beer?

Mine was the Audacity (fellow UNT Alumni) Battle flag pale ale.

Since they've closed their doors I have moved on to the F5 Tornado by Co-op, but it's no longer sold in the stadium and I only have 1 Audacity left.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I hate to be a traitor but at this time of year I turn to St. Arnold's Oktoberfest to bring to the game...but ONLY because Shiner doesn't sell its Oktoberfest in cans.

And yeah, I know those aren't considered "craft" but I don't get around much anymore.

• Upvote 1

Haven't been able to much drink beer this year yet (Had a couple Miller Lites and a Yeungling last game, but that was it). 

I prefer the crappier light beers on game day because of the length of time involved from arrival to final whistle.  The good stuff doesn't do me so well for such long periods of time, and when it's still hot, just doesn't go down super well. 

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Haven't been able to much drink beer this year yet (Had a couple Miller Lites and a Yeungling last game, but that was it). 

I prefer the crappier light beers on game day because of the length of time involved from arrival to final whistle.  The good stuff doesn't do me so well for such long periods of time, and when it's still hot, just doesn't go down super well. 

Or as your name suggests.... maybe a little bit of Schlitz?

8 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I really only buy Texas beers. a couple years ago, when I lived in Denton, I used to like to go to midway mart and buy the Audacity cans with the UNT battle flag on them. Are they still in business?

I never liked any of Audacity's beers. And the Battle Flag pale ale was almost undrinkable, IMO. 

I don't have a "go to beer" for tailgating since I like to try out different beers, but some favorites for a long day of drinking are  Firemans 4, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Dallas Blonde

37 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

If I could get either out here, my nostalgia beers would be Lucky Lager and Schaefer. 

Raised on Stroh's...it was a family tradition. There was always a full case on the back porch.

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

I hate to be a traitor but at this time of year I turn to St. Arnold's Oktoberfest to bring to the game...but ONLY because Shiner doesn't sell its Oktoberfest in cans.

And yeah, I know those aren't considered "craft" but I don't get around much anymore.

Denton County Brewing has a GREAT Oktoberfest. They are over off the Square. Bring your Growler and get some local Oktoberfest

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I probably should have read the OP's post a little better. That sucks.. do yall know if armadillo ale works is available in grocery stores and stuff?

I forget who distributes Armadillo, but they should be. They make a ton of highly lauded and internationally award-winning brews while still remaining accessible and not too beer snobbish.

The Royal Champ and Brunch Money is to die for.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I never liked any of Audacity's beers. And the Battle Flag pale ale was almost undrinkable, IMO. 

I don't have a "go to beer" for tailgating since I like to try out different beers, but some favorites for a long day of drinking are  Firemans 4, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Dallas Blonde

I mostly like the cans of audacity. The beer was alright, I can drink any beer really and not be grossed out. I like your selections though, Dallas has really good beer! Somebody mentioned local buzz and I agree. The honey rye ale is so delicious!