UNT has as many wins in 2018 as TCU/SMU combined

largekfcbucket

20 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

We'd be 2-4 if we had their schedule. They'd be 6-0 if they had ours. 

Yes because our schedule includes La Tech who beat SMU by 40 in last year's bowl game and Arkansas who's coach probably knows SMU's roster better than their current coach does so them beating both of those teams makes sense. This poorly coached Arkansas would beat this poorly coached SMU.

As for TCU, their only wins are against 2-3 Iowa state by 3, 2-4 SMU, and Southern. Give me a break.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Yes because our schedule includes La Tech who beat SMU by 40 in last year's bowl game and Arkansas who's coach probably knows SMU's roster better than their current coach does so them beating both of those teams makes sense. This poorly coached Arkansas would beat this poorly coached SMU.

As for TCU, their only wins are against 2-3 Iowa state by 3, 2-4 SMU, and Southern. Give me a break.

I really don't get what you said at all. 

If we had TCU's schedule - we would lose the same games they lost (TTU, Texas, Ohio State) but we would also lose to Iowa. 
We would still beat SMU and Southern.

That would give us a record of 2-4. Which is what I said. 

If TCU played our schedule, they would win all the games we won and would also beat La Tech. 

That would give them a record of 6-0. Which is what I said too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

If we had TCU's schedule - we would lose the same games they lost (TTU, Texas, Ohio State) but we would also lose to Iowa. 

If TCU played our schedule, they would win all the games we won and would also beat La Tech. 

Hey Carnac... while your at it could you give me the winning lotto numbers for tonight’s drawing?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Hey Rick, you should try to be a decent person once in awhile and stop taking every opportunity to try to side swipe me.  If you can't understand the context of my posts, you should stop reading them. Put me on ignore. 

Let me explain the simple math to you - if we traded schedules.
SMU has 2 wins.
TCU would have 6 wins.
NT would have 2 wins.

8 > 2 

But trying to compare wins like that makes us look amateur. We can be grown up enough to admit the benefit of our SoS.

I thought he was trying to say that 5 is not "more than" 5, which would be more to the OP's post, not anything you said.

Thread title should be more like, "UNT has the same number of wins in 2018 as SMU & TCU combined."

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

We'd be 2-4 if we had their schedule. They'd be 6-0 if they had ours. 

Minus SMU of course. Totally agree about TCU though. Not to be negative but the one team we lost to is the only team we've played with a winning record. A win is a win though. And we better be bowl eligible around 5 pm tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Maybe you should clarify your post then. You said "they'd be 6-0 if they had ours." The post references TCU AND SMU so when you say "they" it implies you're talking about both SMU and TCU. SMU would not be 6-0 with out record.

Regarding TCU, you're going based on name. They're below average this year. I don't think they'd be 6-0 with our schedule. Their QB has 9 Td passes and 8 interceptions this year. 3 of his TD passes were against Southern. That's 6 in 5 games against FBS schools and also 8 interceptions in those 5 games since Southern. He also has 3 rushing TDs on the year but 2 came against Southern meaning 1 against FBS schools which came against SMU. I watched SMU-TCU and offensively, TCU was bad. They got ahead on 3 straight TDs, 1 which was a punt return, and the other 2 were fumble returns. TCU is bad, SMU is just worst. Their QB play is not going to win many games no matter who you play. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Maybe you should clarify your post then. You said "they'd be 6-0 if they had ours." The post references TCU AND SMU so when you say "they" it implies you're talking about both SMU and TCU. SMU would not be 6-0 with out record.

Regarding TCU, you're going based on name. They're below average this year. I don't think they'd be 6-0 with our schedule. Their QB has 9 Td passes and 8 interceptions this year. 3 of his TD passes were against Southern. That's 6 in 5 games against FBS schools and also 8 interceptions in those 5 games since Southern. He also has 3 rushing TDs on the year but 2 came against Southern meaning 1 against FBS schools which came against SMU. I watched SMU-TCU and offensively, TCU was bad. They got ahead on 3 straight TDs, 1 which was a punt return, and the other 2 were fumble returns. TCU is bad, SMU is just worst. Their QB play is not going to win many games no matter who you play. 

That's a good point about not saying which school I was talking about. My bad. 

I've watched their games. The qb presses too much when behind and trying to make magic. With our schedule, he would not be behind the gun so much.

• Downvote 1