Adopted Player Results So Far

AustinFromUNT

Here's a link to the original thread and the players that were adopted: 

We’re now 5 games into the season, so let’s hear how everyone’s adopted player is doing so far. My man Bryce English is having a good bounce back year so far after missing a couple of seasons. He has 4 solo tackles with 8 assisted for a total of 12 tackles. He has a TFL for 5 yards and a half sack for 5 yards. Even has a QB Hurry. Not bad for a backup NT after a couple of seasons out of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Rico Bussey Jr.

He's off to a fantastic start & is likely going to eclipse the stats I had projected for him in the adoption thread.

So far:
41 catches
532 yards
8 TDs

If he keeps this pace up, he'll be around:
90 catches
1100 yards
18 TDs
This puts him in Casey Fitzgerald's neighborhood & I bet he'd get an All-American nod like Casey did.

Keep it up Rico!!

Rico_Bussey_Web.jpg

• Lovely Take 2

I'm happy to report that Nate Brooks has shaken off last year's injuries and returned to his sophomore year form.

He leads the team and the conference with 4 interceptions.  Two of those came in the Arkansas game and earned him Conference USA Defensive Player of the Week.  He is second in tackles among defensive backs with 24 (13 solo.)  He is second on the team in pass breakups with five.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

1 minute ago, GrayEagle said:

I'm happy to report that Nate Brooks has shaken off last year's injuries and returned to his sophomore year form.

He leads the team and the conference with 4 interceptions.  Two of those came in the Arkansas game and earned him Conference USA Defensive Player of the Week.  He is second in tackles among defensive backs with 24 (13 solo.)  He is second on the team in pass breakups with five.

As nervous as I was about him at the beginning of the year, he has certainly been a bright spot, not only defensively, but on the entire team!

• Upvote 1

my man Deion Hair-Griffen keeps showing up on the 2-deep, but is listed only on the first two games participation reports and has still yet to really make his mark on a team rife with receiving options. 

given that all the wide outs in front of him are under-classmen, I'm starting to think he's due for an off-season switch to the defensive side of the ball if he's going to contribute in his time at UNT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

E.J. Ejiya:

leads the team with 11 tackles for loss (almost 2 per game, tied for first in C-USA, tied for 6th nationally!),

leads the team with 4.5 sacks (5th in C-USA, tied for 28th nationally)

leads the team with 51 tackles (4th in C-USA, tied for 37th nationally).

As if that weren't enough, he's also forced a fumble and blocked a kick.

Needless to say, he is doing awesome, kicking ass and taking names. If he stays healthy and can even remotely keep this up - given his good size and speed - he will be the one to break UNTs draft drought. Book it!

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 1