Multiple clues suggest Texas may be stifling voter registration

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Nope.  Not even close to what I was referring to so you can stop putting words in my mouth and twisting this story.  The article you referenced regarding the Native Americans in North Dakota has nothing to do with my original point.  

I asked for clarification and never put words in your mouth. but english is hard. probably why so many illegals don't try and learn it when they come here, huh? 

but which original point? this one:
"Misleading headline.  People that don't follow the rules or don't want to put forth the effort to find out how the system works in advance and looking for someone to blame."

because these people of North Dakota did put forth the effort...they're registered voters who run the risk of getting turned away at polling place in a very modern "you don't have property" standard. 

no if it you original point was this one:
"It wasn't the article, it was your comment, "lazy injuns," which smacks of the all too predictable "smart-assery.""

I mean, fine...there's only 9,420 other examples of that...but either way, that doesn't really make much sense in the context of your reply here:
"And a totally different subject all together.  Thanks for playing."

to what "subject" are you referring? voter suppression? lazy injuns? or this shrewd concept of smart-assery...which again, in context...it doesn't make any sense.

and I don't anticipate an actual answer, don't worry. just punch your keyboard and we'll go onto the next debate...like...

thoughts on trading a journalist and American resident's dismembered corpse for an arms deal?

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

Hey, no problem...they can just forge mail-in ballots like the folks in Tarrant County did to help their Dem pals.  Oops..too bad they goy caught.  Who needs voter verification anyway?  There is never any fraud. Oh, wait...check that. 

And, by the way, these folks sure weren't lazy or un-motivated as they took a lot of time forging all those mail-in ballot signatures.

Too funny.  And, guess what...they were not Native Americans. I guess they had street addresses.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't think all rural homes have a STREET address  (maybe just country rd number) .... especially if they do not receive any mail there but use a PO. Box. Many people do not like to use a mailbox not near their house because of people "meddling" with them. .....  I own some ranch land and if lived there would not have a clue what the address was except County Road 151 and would not use a mailbox by the property but use  a P.O Bx for security reason ....... People who live in cities often do not understand other situations. 

. To me if they just state their location such as Sioux reservation... that should be accepted... they can be found. 

Part II .. I am an election judge.... and I have seen a few improvements lately .... One --senior citizens no longer have to have a drivers license or ID form (passport maybe) that is current... some don't drive and Driver's licenses offices can be a long way away [ try west Texas ..may be in  another county] ... 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

In Texas .. the  system  sends out voter cards every two years and they are returned to election officials and removed..   if the person no longer lives at an address.. ... The PO can not forward them... Election offices also keep up with deaths and removes them (deaths)  from rolls as they happen.... sounds bogus here in Texas. ... unless they died very very recently. . 

.Even if sent somehow  ... the name is checked against ACTIVE rolls and would be tossed. ... Don't be gullible to "rumors". . 

.Actually I have received more  absentee ballot requests forms from GOP candidates in past years than any Demo one.. none this year from either that I remember...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66