Uniforms 10/13

MeanGreen17

20 hours ago, largekfcbucket said:

i like the combo, but

A) why are we wearing black for a 1 pm kickoff?

B) why are we wearing one of the primary colors of the opponent? they're wearing black helmets too.

this doesn't make any sense as a combo for this game, although i like the look.

Tough crowd.  Six downvotes and he stated twice that he liked the look.😀

• Downvote 3

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

Color

Our primary color is UNT green, specifically Pantone 356*, for print on coated paper. For uncoated paper use Pantone 355 or the CMYK mix shown below. For online use, the UNT hex color is #00853E. Our secondary colors are black, white and the green shades used in our theme art, PMS 362 and PMS 369.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The above picture has always troubled me.

I have been asked by visiting fans, "why do we call ourselves Mean Green ?"  Unfortunately, the black uniform/trim is a leftover from the Craig Helwig era at North Texas. 

if a college football fan landed in Denton this weekend and stumbled into Apogee I think that might be a fair question.

• Upvote 1

I like the black uni's, but I agree with the majority that they should wear green when at home. Unless it is a black out game, like when we played Rice in 2013. 

I guess it depends on generation, but I like how we are switching out unis every game as Oregon does. Behind the scenes, recruits like this type of stuff. 

22 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

The above picture has always troubled me.

I have been asked by visiting fans, "why do we call ourselves Mean Green ?"  Unfortunately, the black uniform/trim is a leftover from the Craig Helwig era at North Texas. 

if a college football fan landed in Denton this weekend and stumbled into Apogee I think that might be a fair question.

Why are we called Mean Green has nothing to do with having a black jersey/helmet though.
Black is leftover from Helwig??  I don't recall black in any of our uniforms prior to Dickey's last game (1 time) and then recently.

You may not like it Joe, but the players do, so you'll have to get used to it.
And you know the old saying, "dress good, feel good"...  If the guys get any kind of lift whatsoever that comes from this uniform, then I'm all for it.

Just now, oldguystudent said:

I don't know who started the black uniform fad.  I can't think of an FBS team outside serious bluebloods that HASN'T done it over the past several years.  But like all fashion trends, this too shall pass. 

Great question.

TXTech has featured black in their uniforms for a very long time.  But I highly doubt they spurred a fashion movement.