Uniforms 10/13

MeanGreen17

2 hours ago, largekfcbucket said:

i like the combo, but

A) why are we wearing black for a 1 pm kickoff?

B) why are we wearing one of the primary colors of the opponent? they're wearing black helmets too.

this doesn't make any sense as a combo for this game, although i like the look.

UNTs official colors are green, white, and black. It was voted on about 15 yrs ago. So... It makes great sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

When we’re on defense the helmet will say Southern Miss and the green parts will be yellow.

I think he's referring to the Fine being able to spot our guys quickly by the color of the helmets. He's short and helmets are the quickest thing to spot and most likely the one of the only things he sees from behind the line.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I think he's referring to the Fine being able to spot our guys quickly by the color of the helmets. He's short and helmets are the quickest thing to spot and most likely the one of the only things he sees from behind the line.

We have a winner.

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, largekfcbucket said:

i like the combo, but

A) why are we wearing black for a 1 pm kickoff?

B) why are we wearing one of the primary colors of the opponent? they're wearing black helmets too.

this doesn't make any sense as a combo for this game, although i like the look.

Blackout the sun mfer! (puts on BA shades).  😎

9 hours ago, North Texas Shep said:

UNTs official colors are green, white, and black. It was voted on about 15 yrs ago. So... It makes great sense.

Serious question. Does anyone remember a student vote to make black one of our official colors? I sure did not. I am not on campus but would have surely read about such a thing here. 

Unless I am mistaken, my guess is that "someone" just decided that we should add black and there we are.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

22 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Serious question. Does anyone remember a student vote to make black one of our official colors? I sure did not. I am not on campus but would have surely read about such a thing here. 

Unless I am mistaken, my guess is that "someone" just decided that we should add black and there we are.

I remember it. Read about it in the school paper. I voted against black but the other side won. 

I don't have any particular feelings toward any one uniform good or bad.  I'm more fascinated by how we've basically become Oregon with a different uniform for every game.  For this old man, it's kinda foreign to not have a single set of home/road unis that a fan can identify with over a period of years, but I also understand that the kids wearing those uniforms like the variety and that it helps in recruiting (though I don't particularly understand that one either now get off my lawn). 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, chrisfisher said:

I agree! I love these. Not sure how some don't like these.  Our uniforms and the various combos are awesome!

I agree. But in reality, I don't care if they wear uniforms I like or not. I don't really care what color is. I hope they wear uniforms that resonate with current players and recruits. I suspect our combinations do. That's obviously the target audience since they unveil them using a "Fortnite" theme. Bottom line, I like winning more than anything else. I hope they do whatever they need to do to win.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1