• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
MeanGreenTexan

Official Southern Miss Game Score Prediction Thread

NT goes to El Paso, and despite looking flatter than a pancake, brings home the W.

NT cannot afford to play so poorly against a hungry SoMiss squad that's been preparing for this game for 2 weeks.

Tauaalo & English, and Garner & Ejiya will have their work cut out for them as the SoMiss interior OL is pretty good.   Hopefully we get Hall back, & Fine continues to get healthy.

Depending on weather, this one could be close.  If it rains, it will be a lower-scoring affair with both team's run games heavily featured.  If it's just cloudy, the Mean Green should be able to pull away.  Either way, I think the Mean Green snap out of their funk and begin playing football at a conference champion level again.  Offense gets back on track in this one.

NT: 38
SoMiss: 24

After the last two weeks this is not the same team we saw in games 1-4. I'm not convinced they're quite out of the funk yet and Southern Miss is being slept on.

UNT 24

Southern Miss 27

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

After the last two weeks this is not the same team we saw in games 1-3. I'm not convinced they're quite out of the funk yet and Southern Miss is being slept on.

UNT 24

Southern Miss 27

We weren't good in the Liberty game.  We were just playing a lesser opponent.

UNT 38

USM 31

Need a big game passing from Fine and the defense to step up, especially if Hall is still out

• Upvote 1

30 UNT
27 USM

Really looking forward to the game and a win as my wife and I travel to Denton for this one! Really excited! Hopefully I return home in the same way.

• Like 2

UNT wins... 

Why? because we do. 

Look it up... prove me wrong!

• Upvote 1

UNT 17

USM 14

A nice crowd shows up (in rainy conditions) to cheer the Mean Green to victory in a defensive battle.  A key interception (late in the 4th quarter) seals the win and the Mean Green fans celebrate a 6-1 record!

• Thanks 1

My prediction before the season stands:

NT 35 - SoMiss 31 - #Hit6 in a nail biter. Defense wins the game on the last drive

SoMiss QB hasn thrown 5 INTs this year.. NT defense adds 1 more to that column in the form of a late game pick 6. 

Mean Green 41

Bronze Eagles 27

We look beat up and uninspired against CUSA competitoon. If SL can fix the last part, we win easily. 

So. Miss is good at defending the run and decent at defending the pass. UNT is good at passing but USM will have them struggling on offense cause they will make them one dimensional. Still, the more I think about it, the more I am starting to talk myself into UNT, as I don't think USM has faced a team that likes to go as fast as UNT, with ULM being the closest, and that one didn't end well for USM. Plus USM forces you to take what they give you (bend don't break) but that is not ideal when facing UNT, Mason likes that kind of game plan just fine.

On the other side I am not convinced by USMs offense at all. They can't run, and UNT can defend the pass pretty well against a one-dimensional offense. USMs offense isn't great on third down, and UNTs defense is pretty good in that situation. If it rains, that is just as much of a problem for USM as for UNT because they have had trouble running as well. In any case, give me the under.

Say UNT 27, S. Miss 17

Edited by outoftown

1. No defense has stopped the receiving Corp!!! 

2. Play calling has been run/ run/ pass or trick play. 

note: if the Mean Green does the opposite... this game is a wrap. 

3. The secondary has to close out the “cushion”.

4. UNT- 45

USM- 28

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This is the best defense we will face all year?

This is the best defense they will face all year?

• Haha 1