Weather & Attendance for Southern Miss Game

GreenTexan13

We flew in for the game so we were going no matter what... But I can understand why the poor turn out. An hour before the game it was raining so hard there was minor flooding in denton. As we pulled into park for the game, lightening went off and just before we left the car an emergency warning went on the radio for tornado activity. Crazy stuff and though very disappointed with turn out, I completely understand.  But, yes, this team deserves better. 

NT won the game before a pitifully small crowd.  The first part of that sentence is much more important than the last.  

I have never understood this preoccupation with attendance particularly right after the game.   

Do some think they are going to shame other fans into attending?  Hint, not many potential attendees will read these comments and less will care about anybody's opinion of how they chose to spend their time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I have never understood this preoccupation with attendance particularly right after the game.   

Do some think they are going to shame other fans into attending?  Hint, not many potential attendees will read these comments...

Isn’t explaining why you don’t understand something......to 100 or so readers sorta like the same thing?

Rick

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

If we only had a new stadium.  If we only had a good coach.  If we only had a good AD.  If there were only a statue of Mean Joe Green.  If we could only sell beer at Apogee.  If we ever went to a bowl game.  

GO MEAN GREEN

If only NT could be on pace for a new attendance record even when not all goes right. If only all teams in C-USA had an average attendance of 24103

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

If only all teams in C-USA had an average attendance of 24103

And this has exactly what to do with anything?  

Are all of the teams 6-1?  Are they all in a huge metroplex?  Do they all have explosive offenses?  Do they all have student enrollments of > 30k?  

I am certain that our AD, head coach, and players made specific mention of attendance because they are content with outdrawing Charlotte.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Are all of the teams 6-1?  Are they all in a huge metroplex?  Do they all have explosive offenses?  Do they all have student enrollments of > 30k?  

I am certain that our AD, head coach, and players made specific mention of attendance because they are content with outdrawing Charlotte.

UNT is on pace for a record year in attendance. Things are moving in the right direction. It may not have been worded perfectly, but it is about the idea that things are moving in the right direction, and how its tiring watching folks be impatient with it and overinterpreting a small setback.

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Don’t think most  people really disagree with the shame of it. I was there with my son, and agree with all the reasons why our fans SHOULD attend. What is the solution? Obviously fans can and will attend under certain conditions as evidenced by our near 30k games, I just think we need to show we can win consistently.  

I don’t have the answers really. It isn’t facilities, I think we are on the upswing and we will be fine though.

recruiting -check

facilities improvements - check 

great AD and president - check 

winning - mostly check. 

Larger hardcore fan base - improving 

so the way I see it, we just need to grow that segment of season ticket holders by consistently winning year after year.  Not there yet but signs are all positive for the future.  Scorecard A-

• Upvote 1